Show your Bird Portraits

digigal

Traveling the world one step at a time.
Aug 26, 2014
Just packing to fly to Florida for a couple of weeks to use up some BA airmiles, a circular tour beginning and ending in Orlando. Decided to travel light, just the 5DSR + 100-400mm II for me and the Sony RX10IV for my wife as we hope to spend most of the time walking around nature reserves and some sightseeing. Hope to do some posting.
Enjoy the birds--there are lots of resident ones and I don't know if some of the early nesters will be starting to stake out territory and gathering nesting materials yet. Seems like that starts around March but it's been a long time since I've been there. We head to Tanzania the first of Feb for the birthing season and to look for predators and I'll do a stop in Arusha looking for flamingos.
Catherine

Aug 16, 2012
Enjoy the birds--there are lots of resident ones and I don't know if some of the early nesters will be starting to stake out territory and gathering nesting materials yet. Seems like that starts around March but it's been a long time since I've been there. We head to Tanzania the first of Feb for the birthing season and to look for predators and I'll do a stop in Arusha looking for flamingos.
Catherine
We had a fantastic time in Tanzania in November, birding from dawn to dusk for a solid 14 days, and spent a couple of days in Arusha and saw greater and lesser flamingos.

Aug 16, 2012
A male Northern Cardinal in Texas (4 Jan 2018). They are abundant here, but I still enjoy photographing them! (5D iv, 70-200 2.8L ii, 1.4x iii; 280mm, ISO 2000, F8, 1/400)
They are gorgeous birds. I always try to get a shot when visiting the US, which I might do this week and next. Two very nice shots.

Aug 16, 2012
Just arrived at Orlando and then off birdwatching around Florida tomorrow. Immigration lines were awful. But, we should be really grateful to those loyal Federal employees who are working unpaid. Unfortunately, some local attractions will be closed.

ISv

"The equipment that matters, is you"
Apr 30, 2017
Jack, for what they are actually fighting? "My place in the cold pool"? Honestly in Europe I have never seen more than two of these at once...

ISv

"The equipment that matters, is you"
Apr 30, 2017
Tufted Titmouse. An abundant bird in Texas (4 Jan 2018). (5D iv, 70-200 2.8L ii, 1.4x iii; 280mm, ISO 1600 View attachment 182480 , F8, 1/400)
mikeckek - beutifull shots! I'm adding the female of the Northern as well as the Red-crested Cardinal (not Cardinal at all, they are different group).
For the Tufted Titmouse I'm jealous - we don't have them here (and really fine shot!).
DSC_2832_DxO.jpg
DSC_2637_DxO.jpg
DSC_2577_DxO.jpg

Jack Douglas

CR for the Humour
Apr 10, 2013
Alberta, Canada
Jack, for what they are actually fighting? "My place in the cold pool"? Honestly in Europe I have never seen more than two of these at once...
Thanks Click and others for the likes.

ISV, you'd have to ask them but I suspect that it's turf protection and in this case perhaps the best puddle. They are just plain rude and I suspect "they" are males!:)

That was water, ready to freeze so I was amazed how they loved being in it. I suspect that they get very thirsty when they ingest typically 5 - 8 berries at a time and later regurgitate
I love you too_0532.JPG
the skins that you see on the ice. Another cute but rather poor shot. This is just like my wife and son! :)

Jack