Show your Bird Portraits

Nat_WA

EOS 7D mk.II
Aug 15, 2017
Netherlands
Very nice shots Olaf and Alan! Here I have few commons from the weekend (unfortunately - nothing interesting)!
Hi ISv, they may be common to you, certainly not in my part of the world ;). V. nice, lots of detail - yet that does not make me recognize what species the young chick (third picture) is... Can you enlighten me?
W.

Jan 5, 2013
Beautiful shots ISV, OlAf, Alan, Don and others. We had a nice, sunny day yesterday in Southern Ontario. It was cold outside but warm looking through the kitchen window. :geek: The following were taken with my 5DSR and 100-400L with 1.4 TC. The birds were taking advantage of seed and nut feeders. I refilled the good sized seed feeder 3-4 times.
Bluejay7331web.jpg
FemCardinal7357web.jpg
RedBelly7348web.jpg
Cardinal7351web.jpg

Last edited:
Aug 16, 2012
Beautiful shots ISV, OlAf, Alan, Don and others. We had a nice, sunny day yesterday in Southern Ontario. It was cold outside but warm looking through the kitchen window. :geek: The following were taken with my 5DSR and 100-400L with 1.4 TC. The birds were taking advantage of seed and nut feeders. I refilled the good sized seed feeder 3-4 times.
Very nice, in particular the first and last.

ISv

"The equipment that matters, is you"
Apr 30, 2017
Hi ISv, they may be common to you, certainly not in my part of the world ;). V. nice, lots of detail - yet that does not make me recognize what species the young chick (third picture) is... Can you enlighten me?
W.
It's baby White Tern (Gygis alba). They become pure white later.