Show your Bird Portraits

ISv

"The equipment that matters, is you"
CR Pro
Apr 30, 2017
It's winter in Canada. Most photos are going to have snow in them. :( At least it helps the Cardinals stand out. And then there is the black sheep of the bird family, the Starling. Or as my wonderful wife calls them, Fn' Starlings. Grandma has a potty mouth! :devilish:View attachment 182918
View attachment 182919
Well, here I like not only the photos but also the comment:D(y)!

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

ISv

CR Pro
Apr 30, 2017
ISv, can I just say "common" is relative to where we stay, in addition to that images of perfectly exposed birds tend to show them
off at there very best.
We have been fortunate to have had some sunny days here on the East coast of Scotland recently and I managed some outings in a local park.

HB, I know it's relative. But when you go out in hunt for a new species (in this case just new for my collection) and get home with photos of just Cattle Egret there is always some disappointment... I think I'm as much birder as a photographer: when taking bad or average photo of interesting bird you feel nearly physical pain but on other hand taking a good picture of common (well, for your part of the world;)) bird is rather satisfying - until you start thinking "why it was not that "f.. Red-billed Tropic bird":)!
Any way - thanks for the "perfectly exposed" (actually with some help with the post processing:)) compliment as well as for the posted very nice pictures (it's time for me to go back to Europe for a week or two...)!
Two more pics of that Cattle Egret (and as Jack was saying not that much pages above: There is nothing better than a good light!DSC_5155_DxO.jpgDSC_5165_DxO.jpg

Reactions: 3 users
Upvote 0
FIG7BPh.jpg

PPy6lZc.jpg

wtUfjVN.jpg

cxWuYKT.jpg

Reactions: 4 users
Upvote 0
Nice series, Caleb. I especially like the last picture.
Thank you ISv. The first bird is a Grey Crowned Crane , the second shot is a Grey Heron, the third is a Kori Bustard, and the last, colourful one is a Lilac-breasted roller. And the most recent photo I posted is of a Boreal Chickadee.

Upvote 0

ISv

CR Pro
Apr 30, 2017
Thank you ISv. The first bird is a Grey Crowned Crane , the second shot is a Grey Heron, the third is a Kori Bustard, and the last, colourful one is a Lilac-breasted roller. And the most recent photo I posted is of a Boreal Chickadee.
Thanks Caleb! The first two are easy, the fourth is manageable but third and fifth (the Bustard and the Chickadee, I count both of your last posts) where problem.
You save me plenty of time, thanks again:)!

Upvote 0
Jul 29, 2012
Canada
Well my lady bird is back so I thought I'd post her portrait since it's been a while. It was a very dull day so not the greatest slightly back-lit.

And redpolls are here off and on fighting as usual.;) Heavy crop and poor light also but at least there is action.

Jack

Very nice shots, Jack. I especially like the Pileated woodpecker.

Upvote 0