Show your Bird Portraits

ISv

"The equipment that matters, is you"
Apr 30, 2017
Thanks Click, DSP121, AaronT and all who liked the photos!

Wiebe, you are special case: I have the bad custom to read in full the messages only when I have time and I just noticed this sentence from your previous comment: "I suppose it won't do a lot of good if I tell your wife that you really need a D500 or D850 or so...".
Well, we were 3 people with real cameras (cellphones around not included;)) on that spot (I don't know these guys...) and one of them was sporting 800mm lens. Could you, please, include this one too (You are on safe distance not like me :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:!)?
And yes - it was nice to watch the Red-tails performing their rituals but the real fun started after the Red-billed arrived (the mood turned up to crescendo :D).

Reactions: AaronT

AlanF

5DSR
Aug 16, 2012
Little egret in the setting sun, near our house this evening (5DSR + 100-400mm II). The details of feathers on egrets are usually difficult too see, but the low angle of the sun allows some detail because of the shadow.

3Q7A6459-DxO_little_egret-ls+u_small.jpg

Reactions: mikekeck

AaronT

EOS 80D
Jan 5, 2013
Congratulations Alan and Cog! Two more nice photos to admire with my first coffee of the morning. And Cog, your photo does not look over enhanced (saturated) at all. Nice work to the the both of you!