Show your Bird Portraits

ISv

"The equipment that matters, is you"
Apr 30, 2017
Didn't stop here for a wile and look what happens... Many nice shots (even a movie;))! I have my favorites off course: Cog's cormorants, Don's starlings, Alan's Peregrine (hey - this is by far your best shot of the Falcon on that spot! On other hand I personally prefer the stills of the Kingfisher against the movie - may be because I'm not a movie person:unsure:), Jeff's Sanderling and Aaron's... well, the Raven is great!!!

And since I have nothing to place in the "portraits", I just cropped this one to look as a portrait :p!

AaronT

EOS 80D
Jan 5, 2013
Didn't stop here for a wile and look what happens... Many nice shots (even a movie;))! I have my favorites off course: Cog's cormorants, Don's starlings, Alan's Peregrine (hey - this is by far your best shot of the Falcon on that spot! On other hand I personally prefer the stills of the Kingfisher against the movie - may be because I'm not a movie person:unsure:), Jeff's Sanderling and Aaron's... well, the Raven is great!!!

And since I have nothing to place in the "portraits", I just cropped this one to look as a portrait :p!View attachment 183624
Well, in that case, you have a nice crop Sir! :geek: Thanks for the compliment ISv.

JuanMa

Canon New F1
May 10, 2018
Spain
Havent posted on here in a while so here's a recent one of mine...
The Wagtail and the Honeyeater by Kris Bell, on Flickr
One of the things that keep my attention with your photographs is that despite of the amazing colours you put on them they are still real photographs (had a look at your flickr). Nowadays we often see photographers delivering paintings rather than photographs, it is not your case. Very good job.

Reactions: krisbell

AlanF

5DSR
Aug 16, 2012

And since I have nothing to place in the "portraits", I just cropped this one to look as a portrait :p!
Thanks ISv. The kingfisher movies are animated gifs, consisting of 4 or 7 frames being flicked through. They can be downloaded and the individual frames separated. They could be posted as a set of separate shots. This is the most graphic of the set.

Pape

EOS 80D
Dec 31, 2018
Angry bird catching cone . Sucks i missed one where it swallow cone. Happens always too fast.

RP 70-300mm 4-5,6 ii is nano usm 1/500s f6,3 ISO 800 .White balance maybe not quite right

Last edited:
Reactions: jprusa and AaronT

ISv

"The equipment that matters, is you"
Apr 30, 2017
Angry bird catching cone . Sucks i missed one where it swallow cone. Happens always too fast.

View attachment 183666View attachment 183667

RP 70-300mm 4-5,6 ii is nano usm 1/500s f6,3 ISO 800 .White balance maybe not quite right
Pape, your "angry" bird is the Red Crossbill (male) and they actually do not swallow the cones (and I don't think it's physically possible :)). They are smarter and extract only the seeds from the cones. For some species of conifers they have to remove the cone from the tree, for others - not.
Have a fun and post more - I like the crossbills but in my country of origin they become very rare...

Reactions: Pape