Show your Bird Portraits

Jack Douglas

CR for the Humour
Apr 10, 2013
Alberta, Canada
As I go through my shots, the biggest disappointment is the number that are poorly/back lit since light is needed to bring out detail and the high ISOs mask the detail with noise. Sometimes I was after a flight or movement and had the shutter higher but other times the shutter was low maybe too low and the ISO was still up there in the 4-6400 range. Such is life.

Jack

storioni

I'm New Here
Dec 17, 2018
Dear Jack,

Thanks so much for reviving the memories of my last trip to CR! Here is a 1 minute video of how I was greeted upon arriving at the lodge near PN de los Quetzales. Makes me smile every time I play it, excellent for cheering up.

Last edited:

Jack Douglas

CR for the Humour
Apr 10, 2013
Alberta, Canada
Dear Jack,

Thanks so much for reviving the memories of my last trip to CR! Here is a 1 minute video of how I was greeted upon arriving at the lodge near PN de los Quetzales. Makes me smile every time I play it, excellent for cheering up.

https://flic.kr/p/254gETF
Didn't manage to embed it here, unfortunately...
Memories, for sure. That's cute and if it's early AM, quite an alarm clock. I tried hard to visualize what we were in for but mostly I was off by a mile. Clay-coloured Robin is the national bird due to its song (not sure I ever heard it). Great-tailed Grackle. Green Violet-ear Hummingbird.

Jack

Nat_WA

EOS 7D mk.II
Aug 15, 2017
Netherlands
Thanks as always. Hummers were all over but not always that easy to catch in flight. I wasn't around feeders, which would have made a big difference. Scintilant Hummingbird.

Jack
Very nice picture Jack! Indeed these hummers "in the wild" are quite hard to catch in a good way - but you managed :):cool:
W.