Show your Bird Portraits

AaronT

CR Pro
Jan 5, 2013
You are more efficient than me Jack. I am catching up with the photos I took in Tanzania. There are thousands to go through and identify. Here are some beeeaters.
Blue-cheeked beeeater, crimson-chested beeeater, and a little beeeater, the latter two by the missus. View attachment 184306View attachment 184307View attachment 184308
Nice photos Alan, and Jack. I love the bright colours, and the variety of birds. I have a few local birds. The Baltimore Oriole just showed up yesterday. I have to get some oranges out for it. And then there are Fred and Ethel, our Mallards. Also, we have a scruffy looking Female Red Bellied Woodpecker. And to finish things off, a Carolina Chickadee.184327

Reactions: 7 users
Upvote 0

Jack Douglas

CR for the Humour
Apr 10, 2013
Alberta, Canada
Jack you not only had beautiful birds but the backgrounds were so nice! Already looking at places to go in CR. Thank!

The cool thing is that none of it is "mine". It's there for any nature lover who is willing to make the effort. For sure San Gerard de Dota is a special place for birds. There is also this issue of time of year relative to what you're likely to see and I guess that tends to favour Feb - May, at least in the locations I visited. Not sure if I'll ever get back but I'd love to.184340184341

Reactions: 8 users
Upvote 0

AlanF

Desperately seeking birds
CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
My iPad works ok?
Looked at it now on my laptop. Problem is that the attachments download very slowly or stop after about 10--20% downloaded. They are pretty bids, which I saw for the first time in Florida at the Audubon this year. Your one has really been well and truly ringed!

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Looked at it now on my laptop. Problem is that the attachments download very slowly or stop after about 10--20% downloaded. They are pretty bids, which I saw for the first time in Florida at the Audubon this year. Your one has really been well and truly ringed!
In 1841 John James Audubon reported that “thousands” of the colorful birds were caught every spring and shipped from New Orleans to Europe, where they fetched more than 100 times the price when sold as cage birds. They are still illegally trapped and sold in large numbers in Mexico, Central America, the Caribbean, and to a lesser extent in Florida. Both eastern and western populations show declines in numbers, according to data.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0