Show your Bird Portraits

AlanF

Everyone sits in the prison of his own ideas. A E
Aug 16, 2012
Skylark numbers have dramatically declined and the bird is on the red list as endangered. We have a local meadow where they are active, fortunately. They live hidden on the ground, and soar, hover and sing. Here are some more shots, from the 400 DO II `+ 1.4xTC on the 5DSR. The one on the wing is actually in flight and not hovering, showing once again the 5DSR is pretty competent for BIF.

Mikehit

EOS 5D MK IV
Jul 28, 2015
Skylark numbers have dramatically declined and the bird is on the red list as endangered. We have a local meadow where they are active, fortunately. They live hidden on the ground, and soar, hover and sing. Here are some more shots, from the 400 DO II `+ 1.4xTC on the 5DSR. The one on the wing is actually in flight and not hovering, showing once again the 5DSR is pretty competent for BIF.
The first one is a great portrait, Alan.

Reactions: mikekeck

ISv

"The equipment that matters, is you"
Apr 30, 2017
First two from today, the goal was to take photos of the Wedge-tailed Shearwater and I kind of succeeded (just partly - all I saw were in their burrows:mad:, but welcome my first photo of these birds:rolleyes:), next is molting baby Laysan Albatross (almost fledgling). The third is attempt for auto-portrait in the eyes of the White-rumped Shama (zoom in the eyes) from yesterday...

ISv

"The equipment that matters, is you"
Apr 30, 2017
You sneaked up close for that one!
Well, I was resting on a bench in botanical garden (warming up for today's shooting). That Shama came on a branch right above me. I move carefully few steps away and take a shot. When I check it I realized that moving few more steps I would be with that grass as a background. Didn't figure out why the bird is staying so close, and non stop talking something to me (I do not want to hear the translation from that language;)) until I notice a fledgling in the nearby bush. Now you know my secret how to sneak to the birds :D (something very similar to the story Private told us page ago -961)! Sometimes one gets lucky - they come to you...

Reactions: Jack Douglas