Show your Bird Portraits

AaronT

EOS 80D
Jan 5, 2013
Wow, ugly wasn't my first reaction it was sad. Must be a hen pecked husband. ;) Do you know what's happening to the bird?

Jack
My first thought was it's Fugly. I came up with this on a site called Bird Watch.
"Birds molt their feathers throughout the year, and one possible explanation for baldness is that an abnormal molt occurs on some birds, causing them to lose all of their head feathers at once. The birds may be juveniles undergoing their first prebasic molt.
It’s also possible that feather mites or lice may cause baldness. The condition has not been studied closely, but fortunately, new feathers grow in within a few weeks."

Click

I post too Much on Here!!
Jul 29, 2012
Canada
Nice bird and Click nailed the ID ((y))!
Here I have photos of the Red-crested Turaco (from the aviary of the local zoo). They are different genera but look similar...
Beautiful bird also. Very nice pictures.

Valvebounce

EOS 5D SR
Apr 3, 2013
Isle of Wight
Hi Jack.
Sadly no, it is a somewhat second hand pre loved MK 1 IS version, it is only new to me! :) For several birthdays and Christmas’s I have been asked what I would like, to which I replied a 600mm f/4 L.
This years birthday (52nd) I commented that I would like one before I’m too old and decrepit to lug it around and most surprisingly one materialised! :oops: :ROFLMAO:

Cheers, Graham.

A new 600!! WOW.

Jack

Reactions: Jack Douglas

ISv

"The equipment that matters, is you"
Apr 30, 2017
Hi Jack.
Sadly no, it is a somewhat second hand pre loved MK 1 IS version, it is only new to me! :) For several birthdays and Christmas’s I have been asked what I would like, to which I replied a 600mm f/4 L.
This years birthday (52nd) I commented that I would like one before I’m too old and decrepit to lug it around and most surprisingly one materialised! :oops::ROFLMAO:

Cheers, Graham.
Congratulations Graham!
BTW, I took this as an advise :LOL:... Not sure it will come true:confused:

Valvebounce

EOS 5D SR
Apr 3, 2013
Isle of Wight
Hi ISv.
I wasn’t aware that you could fit one on your camera! :oops::ROFLMAO:
Whichever lens you are hoping for I wish you luck and hope my technique works for you! I don’t think it will work for me again! :LOL::ROFLMAO:

Cheers, Graham.

Congratulations Graham!
BTW, I took this as an advise :LOL:... Not sure it will come true:confused:

Aussie shooter

@brett.guy.photography
Dec 6, 2016
What a shot - you are convincing me to take both 100-400mms with me instead of the prime + zoom !
This was shot on the 70-200 but from memory at about 100mm and then cropped from a full length portrait. I did shoot headshots at 200 but none had as good a pose.