Show your Bird Portraits

ISv

"The equipment that matters, is you"
Apr 30, 2017
Yes, I know that was a challenging request! ;) But at least it's interesting to ponder that global warming may indeed give me the opportunity on day.

Jack
Jack :ROFLMAO:! "Yes, I know that was a challenging request! ;) " - you are a minimalist obviously (and yes! - I understand your humor!)!

ISv

Apr 30, 2017
It is always nice to photograph a new bird , not a good picture but a good bird. Yellow-billed Cuckoo
View attachment 187191
Congratulations! "It is always nice to photograph a new bird ..." - tell me about this:D! Sometimes I'm posting photos that are not to much in line - just because I'm so proud of my new catch:) On other hand it is always interesting to see new bird - at least for me...

jprusa

EOS RP
Apr 29, 2013
Congratulations! "It is always nice to photograph a new bird ..." - tell me about this:D! Sometimes I'm posting photos that are not to much in line - just because I'm so proud of my new catch:) On other hand it is always interesting to see new bird - at least for me...
Thanks ISv.This is why I love this thread because I get to see photographs of birds from places that I will never visit.

AlanF

Canon 5DSR II
Aug 16, 2012
Another great horned owl surrounded by Autumn leaves and rather hard to spot.
She was pretending to be sleep but with one eye open she was cautiously watching!
EOS-R + Sigma 60-600mm
View attachment 187193
I tried earlier this year to get a clean shot of one in Florida. This was the best one, but it meant a lot to me as it was my first of this incredible bird.

3Q7A5596-DxO_great_horned_owl copy.jpg

bhf3737

---
Sep 9, 2015
Calgary, Canada
www.flickr.com
I tried earlier this year to get a clean shot of one in Florida. This was the best one, but it meant a lot to me as it was my first of this incredible bird.
In spite of their rather big size, it is hard to find them here in Autumn because of their real good camouflage and even harder to get a clean picture of them. Perhaps when snow comes, they will be more visible.

ISv

Apr 30, 2017

View attachment 187194
Still good Alan: the light in that scene is rather tricky. I have no idea how much time did you get to takes the photos (sometimes it is miserable - if not most of the time:)). If I had enough time I wold exposure for the highlights and in PP will lift the rest... Sometimes there is no time and back in the time there was not enough knowledge (or most probably lack of experience) for me to make fast adjustments.
Any way - I still have to see that bird - you are lucky!

ISv

Apr 30, 2017
Bhf3737 - Really nice one!!!
It looks like she knows you have a rush for her:) (I would have too - I still have to take a photo of that one!)!

Last edited: