Show your Bird Portraits

Pape

EOS 7D MK II
Dec 31, 2018
No worries paper is lot better than ape :) Mostly needing practice and skill . Little tits are good ones to practice ,occasionally they come to minimum focus distance if could just score succesfull shoot :) Excellent photos ISv!

Reactions: ISv and jprusa

ISv

"The equipment that matters, is you"
Apr 30, 2017
Hi ISv.
Thanks, no hard feelings and I try not to point out mistakes unless I think it changes the context of the post! I’m also aware that many here do not have English as a first language , as I can’t speak more than a couple of words in any other language I am in awe of them!
I could blame the spell correction algorithms, however in my case it comes down to the idiot doing the proof reading and seeing what I thought I wrote and not what spell check changed it to! :rolleyes::rolleyes:
Damn spell check just changed to into too! :mad::mad:
People in glasshouses shouldn’t throw stones! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
My apologies to Pape for miss spelling your name.

Cheers, Graham.
"...in my case it comes down to the idiot doing the proof reading and seeing what I thought I wrote..." - Graham you could be everything but definitely not an "idiot"!
And I will memorize "People in glasshouses shouldn’t throw stones! " - this is good one!
:LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL: - funny, right now I notice that "Valvebounce", "ISv" and "Pape" are red underlined by my spell check. Whatever - have a nice weekend!

ISv

Apr 30, 2017
And some from today. I can't resist the White Terns, especially the juveniles... First two photos not very sharp - in the rush I forgot to turn on the image
stabilization. Bad light, casting heavy colors on the white - had opportunity to check how works the new HSL feature of DxO PL3. Found it very promising but needs mastering (as everything else)!
DSC_4473_DxO.jpg

DSC_4471_DxO.jpg

DSC_4483_DxO.jpg
DSC_4492_DxO.jpg

ISv

Apr 30, 2017
And few more. The only new thing (I have posted before several pics of the bird) here, is the Papaya fruit. I added there the Japanese White Eye only to get a pretext for smuggling the photos into this threat;)! ISO 1000.
DSC_4611_DxO.jpg

DSC_4587_DxO.jpg

jmeyer

http://www.jmeyerphotography.net/
Dec 11, 2014
Wisconsin
www.jmeyerphotography.net
Is anyone on here close to Albany, Wyoming? There is currently a Red Flanked Bluetail being seen and photographed. The bird is from Siberia in summer and in the middle of the continent over there during winter. If anyone is and is interested in a location, message me and I'll give you more info. Thanks.

Jeremy

Jack Douglas

CR for the Humour
Apr 10, 2013
Alberta, Canada
Is anyone on here close to Albany, Wyoming? There is currently a Red Flanked Bluetail being seen and photographed. The bird is from Siberia in summer and in the middle of the continent over there during winter. If anyone is and is interested in a location, message me and I'll give you more info. Thanks.

Jeremy
Pretty bird! Wish I weren't here in the snow in Alberta. ;)

AlanF

Canon 5DSR II
Aug 16, 2012
Jack, for you to cheer you up from the warm Ecuadorean Andes while you are now up to your neck in driven Canadian snow. A selection of Tanagers shot by wife using the 5DIV and her 100-400mm II. Lucky woman will be using the 90D +100-400mm II next week while I'll use the heavier 5DSR + 100-400mm II and probably the 1.4xTC as well in our birding trip to the Hula valley.

2B4A2980-DxO_flame-faced_tanager.jpg
2B4A2760-DxO_golden_tanager.jpg
2B4A2988-DxO_blue-winged_mountain_tanager.jpg
2B4A2682-DxO_golden_naped_tanager.jpg
2B4A2663-DxO_silverthroated_tanager.jpg

Jack Douglas

CR for the Humour
Apr 10, 2013
Alberta, Canada
Jack, for you to cheer you up from the warm Ecuadorean Andes while you are now up to your neck in driven Canadian snow. A selection of Tanagers shot by wife using the 5DIV and her 100-400mm II. Lucky woman will be using the 90D +100-400mm II next week while I'll use the heavier 5DSR + 100-400mm II and probably the 1.4xTC as well in our birding trip to the Hula valley.

View attachment 187394View attachment 187395View attachment 187396View attachment 187397View attachment 187398
I guess I should clarify - about 2mm of snow as of yesterday, but regardless, it still looks white. Funny, wherever we went in Costa Rica, the popular draw for birds was bananas and of course they grow locally and aren't expensive to put out at the feeders. Overall, the local folks seem to be pretty keen on attracting birds and I think I know why. ;)

Gorgeous birds! Great photos of them.

Jack

Reactions: AlanF

ERHP

EOS RP
May 9, 2013
San Diego
erhp.smugmug.com
Walking around some local fields I saw one of the Kestrels hovering to my right and as I started to go that way, she dove. A moment later she came back up and flew back the direction I had just came from, landing on a side branch of a tobacco tree with a mouse. It took a bit to get some shots of her eating without the topmost branch in the way but after she was done, she hopped up on the top branch and did some preening/stretching just as the sun was dropping behind the horizon. Almost like she was showing off for me as she went through the whole routine twice and some of the stretches a couple more times.

1DX MK II 600 f/4 II 1.4X III @840mm 1/500 : f/8 : ISO 1000

AlanF

Canon 5DSR II
Aug 16, 2012
Walking around some local fields I saw one of the Kestrels hovering to my right and as I started to go that way, she dove. A moment later she came back up and flew back the direction I had just came from, landing on a side branch of a tobacco tree with a mouse. It took a bit to get some shots of her eating without the topmost branch in the way but after she was done, she hopped up on the top branch and did some preening/stretching just as the sun was dropping behind the horizon. Almost like she was showing off for me as she went through the whole routine twice and some of the stretches a couple more times.

1DX MK II 600 f/4 II 1.4X III @840mm 1/500 : f/8 : ISO 1000
Good pose!

Reactions: ERHP