Show your Bird Portraits

steven kessel said:
Dang! It's amazing how many fantastic photos get added to this particular forum on an almost daily basis. Here's my contribution for today. Yellow-rumped Warbler. 5Diii, 400 DO, ISO 400, F 7.1 at 1/125.

The contrast is quite enticing in this image, well done! I can't help but think less of the composition with positive and negative space...I would either crop in further, or else go wider field of view...but that's just me.

Upvote 0

Don Haines

Beware of cats with laser eyes!
Jun 4, 2012
Canada
I went for a walk today, with the intent of taking pictures of snow-laden trees so I brought along a wide angle zoom and some pumpkinseeds to snack on. I stopped to take pictures and pulled out my bag of seeds for a quick snack and had a few chickadees show up.

normally I would laugh at the idea of songbird photography at 40mm.... But with these birds there was no problem getting close enough....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    366.3 KB · Views: 449
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    744.8 KB · Views: 449
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    354.2 KB · Views: 444
Upvote 0
Don Haines said:
I went for a walk today, with the intent of taking pictures of snow-laden trees so I brought along a wide angle zoom and some pumpkinseeds to snack on. I stopped to take pictures and pulled out my bag of seeds for a quick snack and had a few chickadees show up.

normally I would laugh at the idea of songbird photography at 40mm.... But with these birds there was no problem getting close enough....
Cool! I have never experienced anything like that :)

Upvote 0
Eldar said:
Don Haines said:

Cool! I have never experienced anything like that :)

Remarkable.
Don is the bird whisperer. :)

Upvote 0