Show your Bird Portraits

Red wing blackbird eating craneflies on a lawn area.
EF 100-400 mii at 400 5.6 iso 3200.

Crane flies are both a lawn pest and the big bug that gets confused with giant mosquitos when they get into the house.

Two views better beamer caused shadows

Attachments

• rw blackbird w crane fly                                          .JPG
    rw blackbird w crane fly .JPG
    373.9 KB · Views: 107
  • rw blackbird w crane fly 2                                          .JPG
    rw blackbird w crane fly 2 .JPG
    332.8 KB · Views: 96
Upvote 0

Jack Douglas

CR for the Humour
Apr 10, 2013
Alberta, Canada
applecider said:
Red wing blackbird eating craneflies on a lawn area.
EF 100-400 mii at 400 5.6 iso 3200.

Crane flies are both a lawn pest and the big bug that gets confused with giant mosquitos when they get into the house.

Two views better beamer caused shadows

Is it my eyes or is there a diagonal line kind of pattern to the grass (magnified viewing)??

Jack

Upvote 0

falcnr

1DX & 5DSR Canon glass
May 3, 2015
Flamingtree said:
falcnr said:
A few images of wild prairie falcon and bald eagles taken with the new 1DX 2 and 400mm f2.8 IS MKII hand held.

I love the bottom image, the expression is awesome.

yes it say's "if he comes any closer I will give him a whack on his head" :D
certainly has a look of focus and determination.
The truth is we were banding the young at the nest with government bands to track movement etc and while
my friend was hanging over the cliff I was capturing the images of the parents defending the nest site. They give plenty of photo opportunities ...and yes once or twice i get hit of not paying attention.

The eagle shots were from a recent trip to BC coast

Upvote 0
Nice hawk Alan!

I was out, looking for a very very rare kingfisher, at least here in Norway. I briefly saw it, amongst all the leaves, but was unable to get a decent shot. Instead I got a fishing Red-breasted merganser. Very cool bird, but to swallow a flounder was too much for her.

This is shot with the 1DX-II and the 600 f4L IS II + 2xIII extender. I posted a couple of others over on the 1DX-II thread. It is of great help to be able to use all AF points, also at f8.0. It makes framing and following a subject so much easier.

Attachments

• _V4I2245.jpg
    _V4I2245.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 134
Upvote 0