Show your Bird Portraits

AlanF

Desperately seeking birds
CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
At last I have got close to a bird with the 400mm DO II and 5D IV. Singing is at 1/80 and the other at 1/125s hand held in the gloom. I don't agree with the complaints that the 5D IV is soft. Anyway, I am happy with the lens, its sharpness and IS, and the AF of the 5D IV.

Attachments

• 2B4A1561_robin_singing_crop.jpg
    2B4A1561_robin_singing_crop.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 110
  • 2B4A1558_Robin_crop.jpg
    2B4A1558_Robin_crop.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 97
Upvote 0

Valvebounce

CR Pro
Apr 3, 2013
Isle of Wight
Hi Alan.
Very nice shots, looks like the lens is a goodun, pretty good technique too, were you using legs?

Cheers, Graham.

AlanF said:
At last I have got close to a bird with the 400mm DO II and 5D IV. Singing is at 1/80 and the other at 1/125s hand held in the gloom. I don't agree with the complaints that the 5D IV is soft. Anyway, I am happy with the lens, its sharpness and IS, and the AF of the 5D IV.

Upvote 0

AlanF

Desperately seeking birds
CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
Valvebounce said:
Hi Alan.
Very nice shots, looks like the lens is a goodun, pretty good technique too, were you using legs?

Cheers, Graham.

AlanF said:

Only my own legs!

Upvote 0
Valvebounce said:
Hi nats1mom.
Nice shots, at least they had the decency to pose for you after eating your garden, fair exchange is no robbery! :eek: ;D

Cheers, Graham.

nats1mom said:
These two have been eating my freshly planted garden seeds and taunting me! Had to replant today :(

Ha, Ha! Thank you Graham. Cheers to you!

Upvote 0

Jack Douglas

CR for the Humour
Apr 10, 2013
Alberta, Canada
AlanF said:
Valvebounce said:
Hi Alan.

Cheers, Graham.

AlanF said:

Only my own legs!

Good to see/hear. Please try for some BIF with 800 for me and report your results. I know that's a tall order.

Jack

Upvote 0

Jack Douglas

CR for the Humour
Apr 10, 2013
Alberta, Canada
nats1mom said:
Valvebounce said:
Hi nats1mom.
Nice shots, at least they had the decency to pose for you after eating your garden, fair exchange is no robbery! :eek: ;D

Cheers, Graham.

nats1mom said:
These two have been eating my freshly planted garden seeds and taunting me! Had to replant today :(

I wish I had lovers like that that would visit my garden!

Jack

Upvote 0
Jack Douglas said:
nats1mom said:
Valvebounce said:
Hi nats1mom.

Cheers, Graham.

nats1mom said:

I wish I had lovers like that that would visit my garden!

Jack

:)

Upvote 0