Show your Bird Portraits

A great horned owl asleep in a large spruce tree in my backyard. His partner was perched on a nearby branch. This isn't the best picture, but it's the best I could do. Repositioning for a better shot or getting closer weren't options. I'm constantly finding owl pellets at the base of this tree but seldom see the owls, although I frequently hear them. 7D + Sigma 150-600mm Contemporary at 600 mm.

Attachments

• _MG_2597 copy.jpg
    _MG_2597 copy.jpg
    387.9 KB · Views: 81
Upvote 0

Valvebounce

CR Pro
Apr 3, 2013
Isle of Wight
Hi dpc.
That is lovely, and so nice that you have such a majestic bird frequenting your garden.
Regarding it not being the best picture, we have to realise that this is a living breathing creature with its own will and comfort zone, if that is where he sat, that is where you take his photo.

Cheers, Graham.

dpc said:
A great horned owl asleep in a large spruce tree in my backyard. His partner was perched on a nearby branch. This isn't the best picture, but it's the best I could do. Repositioning for a better shot or getting closer weren't options. I'm constantly finding owl pellets at the base of this tree but seldom see the owls, although I frequently hear them. 7D + Sigma 150-600mm Contemporary at 600 mm.

Upvote 0
Valvebounce said:
Hi dpc.
That is lovely, and so nice that you have such a majestic bird frequenting your garden.
Regarding it not being the best picture, we have to realise that this is a living breathing creature with its own will and comfort zone, if that is where he sat, that is where you take his photo.

Cheers, Graham.

dpc said:

Thanks!

Upvote 0