35348653395_07a3b3884a_c.jpg

Canon EOS-1D X
EF500mm f/4L IS II USM
f/4.0 1/1000 ISO 800

Upvote 0
Jul 29, 2012
Canada
ISO64 said:
Great angle, so close to water level! Aren't you afraid that your rig will end submerged if the kayak hits something?

Stay dry!

ISO64

Thanks ISO. :)

I've been kayaking for more than 20 years with my gear. I don't take my gear with me when the conditions are rough. Anyway, when the conditions are rough, you have no time for pictures. For the rest, a kayak is very stable.

Cheers

Upvote 0
I am still following the juvenile Peregrines from the La Jolla brood, though this week they seem to begun to part ways to some extent. Probably the most unreal shot I got was the evening one landed on rock covered spur with a ground dove delivered from dad and proceeded to eat, not really caring there we were that close. Having the 600, I was struggling to get back far enough to get the entire bird in frame in a usable sense, and eventually backed far enough into a mazanita bush(uncomfortable) only the soles of my boots and one tripod leg stuck out. And then, GESUNDHEIT! Snot what I intended ;)
LCC11011_sRGB-X3.jpg

1DX MK II 600f/4L II 1/200 : f/7.1 : ISO 1000

Upvote 0
ERHP,
Just simply splendid. Not much can be done to do better.
Do have question about the rays coming from the eyes, what are they? Hope these are not evil eyes 8) ::) ;D ;D.
-r

ERHP said:
I am still following the juvenile Peregrines from the La Jolla brood, though this week they seem to begun to part ways to some extent. Probably the most unreal shot I got was the evening one landed on rock covered spur with a ground dove delivered from dad and proceeded to eat, not really caring there we were that close. Having the 600, I was struggling to get back far enough to get the entire bird in frame in a usable sense, and eventually backed far enough into a mazanita bush(uncomfortable) only the soles of my boots and one tripod leg stuck out. And then, GESUNDHEIT! Snot what I intended ;)

1DX MK II 600f/4L II 1/200 : f/7.1 : ISO 1000

Upvote 0