Show your Bird Portraits

jmeyer

http://www.jeremymeyer.photography
CR Pro
Dec 11, 2014
Wisconsin
jeremymeyer.photography
Over the past two weeks, in SE Wisconsin, I've tallied 32 warbler species so far. Here are a few of the more uncommon ones, including a rare Worm-eating Warbler, at least for WI. Usually I use the EF 500 f4, but I requested the EF 600 f4 II from Canon, and was given a 10 days with it. These photos were taken with 7D mkii/EF600 f4 II/1.4xiii.

Jeremy

Attachments

• Black-throated Blue Warbler (male) 112.jpg
    Black-throated Blue Warbler (male) 112.jpg
    817.4 KB · Views: 66
  • Cape May Warbler (male-spring) 105.jpg
    Cape May Warbler (male-spring) 105.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 69
  • Worm-eating Warbler (spring) 102.jpg
    Worm-eating Warbler (spring) 102.jpg
    814.5 KB · Views: 67
  • Golden-winged Warbler (male) 109.jpg
    Golden-winged Warbler (male) 109.jpg
    826.7 KB · Views: 75
  • Mourning Warbler (male) 107.jpg
    Mourning Warbler (male) 107.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 69
  • Prothonotary Warbler (male-spring) 109.jpg
    Prothonotary Warbler (male-spring) 109.jpg
    830.5 KB · Views: 66
Upvote 0
jmeyer said:
Over the past two weeks, in SE Wisconsin, I've tallied 32 warbler species so far. Here are a few of the more uncommon ones, including a rare Worm-eating Warbler, at least for WI. Usually I use the EF 500 f4, but I requested the EF 600 f4 II from Canon, and was given a 10 days with it. These photos were taken with 7D mkii/EF600 f4 II/1.4xiii.

Jeremy
Great shots and beautiful birds! I am not doing so great this year with warbles .
Joe

Upvote 0

ISv

"The equipment that matters, is you"
CR Pro
Apr 30, 2017
lion rock said:
ISv,
Just arrived to O'ahu at about noon today. Staying at Ko Olina now. we have added my niece's family, of 4.
Planning for visiting now.
We shall see. Hoping to visit the northern tip of the island!
-r

Riley, very nice shot of the Common Mina! Great framing.

Upvote 0

AlanF

Desperately seeking birds
CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
ISv said:
lion rock said:
These creatures are all over the island, roaming free.
-r

Riley - they are pests (actually on Kauai one can find the wild form)! Yeah, every where and they are actually wild. In the same time we are buying chicken from the stores at very high prices!

Nice pictures from every one but I noticed somebody with just one post - KeithA! Nice photos, just keep posting!

My weekend wasn't productive in terms of new birds. On other hand I think, I got some good photos of my best friend during the hikes - White-rumped Shama (male in this case). Pay attention on the difference in the black in shade and in more light. It's male, the females are brownish-black in that areas. And compare with the juvenile that I recently posted!
The last one is attempt for a real portrait, I got really close to the bird.

Very nice studies!

Upvote 0
jmeyer said:

Jeremy

Excellent shots Jeremy, you're clearly making optimal use of your 10 days with the 600/4-II :)

Wiebe.

Upvote 0

Jack Douglas

CR for the Humour
Apr 10, 2013
Alberta, Canada
AlanF said:
Jack Douglas said:
He was playing peek a boo. I like the new feature in DPP - used it to brighten the eye a wee bit. It's simple and works on the RAW.

Jack
What new feature?

New button that allows you to select a circular region and adjust brightness etc. in latest DPP4

Jack

Upvote 0

ISv

CR Pro
Apr 30, 2017
AlanF said:
ISv said:
lion rock said:
These creatures are all over the island, roaming free.
-r

Riley - they are pests (actually on Kauai one can find the wild form)! Yeah, every where and they are actually wild. In the same time we are buying chicken from the stores at very high prices!

Nice pictures from every one but I noticed somebody with just one post - KeithA! Nice photos, just keep posting!

My weekend wasn't productive in terms of new birds. On other hand I think, I got some good photos of my best friend during the hikes - White-rumped Shama (male in this case). Pay attention on the difference in the black in shade and in more light. It's male, the females are brownish-black in that areas. And compare with the juvenile that I recently posted!
The last one is attempt for a real portrait, I got really close to the bird.

Very nice studies!

Thanks Alan!

Upvote 0

ISv

CR Pro
Apr 30, 2017
AlanF said:
Jack Douglas said:
He was playing peek a boo. I like the new feature in DPP - used it to brighten the eye a wee bit. It's simple and works on the RAW.

Jack
What new feature?

Alan, with all my respect (and I really have it, mostly because of your photos but also because of your postings in other parts of the forum!) but it could be new feature in DPP. Same as in DxO - before the version "Photo Lab" appeared they didn't have it. I never used DPP and if I'm wrong - I apologize!
And yeah, it's not new but not that much time ago it was not part of DxO Optics Pro too! I'm very happy user of DxO PL and this addition (old, made by others) to DxO Optics Pro made me really in love with the program (add there that noise reduction and you know...)!

Upvote 0

Jack Douglas

CR for the Humour
Apr 10, 2013
Alberta, Canada
ISV, there are some, perhaps incorrectly, who maintain that Canon RAW processing should be/is the preferred first step. If I recall correctly you're a Nikon shooter and in that case ViewNX2 is the equivalent, except as a past user of it, it is so pathetic so I'm glad I no longer use it. I find DPP to be quite quick/easy but that's probably because I haven't invested the time to be good at ON1 RAW, which I bought last year. So this "new to DPP" feature is welcomed by me.

Another common Blue-winged teal doing her stretch from a few days back.

Jack

Attachments

• Ain't she sweet_33953.JPG
    Ain't she sweet_33953.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 68
Upvote 0