Show your Bird Portraits

I really like the first picture. Well done, Braintoggle33.
0057.gif

Thanks so much! I think that falcon may have a future in modeling :)

Upvote 0
I was walking a trail the Parker River Wildlife Refuge out in Newburyport Massachusetts and I came around a bend in the trail to an opening and I saw this juvenile Peregrine Falcon watching over the marshland minding it's own business. Then this little bird started dive bombing it because it wanted it's perch back. After about 4 fly-bys the falcon was like forget this I'm outta here. I guess where there's a will there's a way

Very nice series Charles, first one is a really nice portrait, but I like the second one quite a lot - this little bird challenging a much bigger bird of prey - fearless :cool:

Wiebe.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
Wow!
-r

I was walking a trail the Parker River Wildlife Refuge out in Newburyport Massachusetts and I came around a bend in the trail to an opening and I saw this juvenile Peregrine Falcon watching over the marshland minding it's own business. Then this little bird started dive bombing it because it wanted it's perch back. After about 4 fly-bys the falcon was like forget this I'm outta here. I guess where there's a will there's a way

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

ISv

"The equipment that matters, is you"
CR Pro
Apr 30, 2017
This morning I went out with two targets in mind: #1 was the Red Avadavat (I still have no good photo of this one) and #2 - African Silver Bill (up to now just have one series of not completely mature one). Got very lucky to take photos of par Silver bills (mature) -very lucky: when they are a flock - forget it! There is at least one that is panicking and all others are gone when you are ~20-30 meters from them (and they are 1.5 inches - 4cm smaller than the House Sparrow!) I saw the Red Avadavat - even in bigger number than the Silver bill but they are always in flock and extremely shy!
Started "clicking" ~ 15 meters from the birds. Got (very, very slow) to just ~3 meters!!!DSC_9426_DxO.jpgDSC_9470_DxO.jpgDSC_9518_DxO.jpg

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0
This morning I went out with two targets in mind: #1 was the Red Avadavat (I still have no good photo of this one) and #2 - African Silver Bill (up to now just have one series of not completely mature one). Got very lucky to take photos of par Silver bills (mature) -very lucky: when they are a flock - forget it! There is at least one that is panicking and all others are gone when you are ~20-30 meters from them (and they are 1.5 inches - 4cm smaller than the House Sparrow!) I saw the Red Avadavat - even in bigger number than the Silver bill but they are always in flock and extremely shy!
Started "clicking" ~ 15 meters from the birds. Got (very, very slow) to just ~3 meters!!!

+1 ; excellent series, it shows that you were able to approach them to a close distance; patience and careful moving really paid off! Well done :cool:

Wiebe.

Upvote 0
I lucked out on this one. The Eagle flew over my head and then over the trees and I though I lost it. A few minutes later it flew in and land in a tree right about me and say there for about 5 minutes scanning all around for snack. They are so impressive
Canon 5D4 & Canon 100-400 ii
Eagle Wachusett Close Tree 3 2048 16x10 (1 of 1)MED.jpg

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
In German called " Buntspecht" made with 7D2 and EF 600. picture is cropped. 12m far from the Tree, a very hot and sunny Day.

Hope you like it :)

Very nice pictures Mistkäfer! Caught just at the right moment :cool:...
Earlier this year I had the opportunity to take a series of this bird nestling (and posted in this thread) - but still going inside the nest and I missed this moment :( - when the young birds were so big the adults can't enter anymore.
Did you see them leave the nest? Any photo's of that moment...?

Wiebe.

Upvote 0
Very nice pictures Mistkäfer! Caught just at the right moment :cool:...
Earlier this year I had the opportunity to take a series of this bird nestling (and posted in this thread) - but still going inside the nest and I missed this moment :( - when the young birds were so big the adults can't enter anymore.
Did you see them leave the nest? Any photo's of that moment...?

Wiebe.

Hi Wiebe, no I did not see that, because, the Place where we have found this birds is far away from our home. We only can visit this place on weekends. Another reason is the hot temperature during the last month. I did not went out. It was tooooooo hot for me.
Maybe next year, the we want to spend the more time. Near to this Woodpackers we have seen a black Woodpecker.

Attachments

• Schwarzspecht.jpg
    Schwarzspecht.jpg
    493.6 KB · Views: 92
Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0