Show your Bird Portraits

Today: hunting for a reported Whimbrel and Gray Tattler (reported in the last 1-2 days from +/- same locality (well - they were photographed in a Wild-life refuge, I was outside).
Counted all 7 reported Bristle-thighed Curlews (known from before to be there) but no Whimbrel (it's much more rare here, and it is the reason to go after it).
Very hot day (and there are no trees to make shade on the ground under your object;)!!!). Look closely at the quality of the out of focus ares around the bird and further. I implied defocusing and "blur" only in the very upper part of the photo. Around the bird it's worst - it obviously evaporate some water to keep the right body temperature! The air-quality induced blur off course applies for the bird too...

You're being very hard on yourself - sure, pixel peeping will show the hot air effect but for the bird picture as a whole it doesn't show. Nice one!
Wiebe.

Upvote 0
Jul 29, 2012
Canada
Thank you for your kind words, Wiebe.
smile.png

Upvote 0

AlanF

Desperately seeking birds
CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
Excellent set Alan; again with 100-400 or did you use your 400 DO II for these?
Wiebe.
Thanks Wiebe. The 100-400mm II. I used it a lot in the past few days. It’s lighter to carry and I was doing a lot of walking. It was also more useful as there were chances of close ups.

Upvote 0