Show your Bird Portraits

ISv

"The equipment that matters, is you"
CR Pro
Apr 30, 2017
Nice shots. Where did you take them?
Alan, if your question is addressed to me, thanks. Photos were taken at Kapiolani park (Oahu) where I chase that golden plover (posted before). There are tap-water sources there, one of them leaking and it's where I took the pics of the Java sparrow. It's ~100-150 meters from the ocean, in front of Waikiki aquarium.
Nice photo of the cormorants BTW!

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

ISv

CR Pro
Apr 30, 2017
Also sorry to hear that.... and likewise about Keji.... I love it there, and have been going since.... well..... Ummmm...... I watched the moon landing there on a portable TV :)

Don, I like your sense of humor and from now - your persistence:)! I'm attaching a pic that is in obvious violation for this part of the Forum, but I'm sure the CR guys have a sense for humor too... ("posting cat pictures on the internet since 1986"). This is a feral cat that says "HI" any time I enter that trail. Not sure it has watched the moon landing but age versa looks like that (Hey, I'm 64, soon 65, I mean I do not try to offend any one here!).

Attachments

• DSC_2870_DxO.jpg
    DSC_2870_DxO.jpg
    512.6 KB · Views: 86
Upvote 0

IslanderMV

"life is for the birds"
May 1, 2012
www.bernierland.com
Like it Jeff but for me personally I'd prefer a little more background.

Jack
Silhouette - Black-crowned Night Heron - This was a purposeful shot against a blown out sky for the artistic effect - I have a lifetime supply of Night Heron shots with normal backgrounds.
Thanks for the feedback.

Jeff

Upvote 0
Jul 29, 2012
Canada
Don, I like your sense of humor and from now - your persistence:)! I'm attaching a pic that is in obvious violation for this part of the Forum, but I'm sure the CR guys have a sense for humor too... ("posting cat pictures on the internet since 1986"). This is a feral cat that says "HI" any time I enter that trail. Not sure it has watched the moon landing but age versa looks like that (Hey, I'm 64, soon 65, I mean I do not try to offend any one here!).

You're not in violation, the bird is inside the cat.
0015.gif

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

ISv

CR Pro
Apr 30, 2017
You're not in violation, the bird is inside the cat.
0015.gif
:LOL::LOL::LOL:! It's why I like this side - a lot of people with great sense of humor (aside of dedication to the photography and the Nature)!
Two more from the last weekend. I didn't know the Java Sparrow is so rounded in front view, looks funny... and very dedicated for the bath:)!
DSC_0695_DxO.jpgDSC_0696_DxO.jpg

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0