Show your Bird Portraits

ISv

"The equipment that matters, is you"
CR Pro
Apr 30, 2017
I'm not sure this is what Alan had in mind?:)

Jack
I was not sure too! It's why my answer has two layers (donkey = fun; zebra = what I see there). BTW, I directed my replay to your second post by mistake :) but it's what happen when you are multitasking... and rushing!

Upvote 0
I am going to start some quizzes, beginning with an easy one as I process the thousands of shots taken in Tanzania. What animal are these red-billed oxpeckers standing on?View attachment 181778
Last time I checked spec of Canon DSLRs they didn't have zebras, neither focus beaking!:unsure:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ISv

"The equipment that matters, is you"
CR Pro
Apr 30, 2017
Is it a Yellow-billed Ox?
Come on Don, I think he is talking about that nasty black bird under the Yellow-billed Ox!
Oh, I'm not Canadian too... And never been in Canada but few times I did fly over - I hope it counts?
BTW , Alan! - nice photo of the Lilac-breasted roller!

Upvote 0

AlanF

Desperately seeking birds
CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
It is amusing how we subconsciously view/interpret things. I had to think twice before it registered that the weight of the bird had pressed that creature into the ground.;)

Jack
The egrets are very heavy indeed - this one has pushed a buffalo down.2B4A4236-DxO_egret_on_buffalo.jpg

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0
Jul 29, 2012
Canada
The egrets are very heavy indeed - this one has pushed a buffalo down.

icon_lol.gif

Upvote 0
@AlanF - very nice series of lazy birds (hiking a lift on the back of other animals...) and beautiful shot of the lilac-breasted roller (y) - the only shot I managed of this bird in South Africa was with 200mm at, like, 200m distance :( so by far not as detailed as yours ;)
@ISv - nice set; those night herons are really 'up close and personal' - very nicely done (y)
W.

Upvote 0

AlanF

Desperately seeking birds
CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
@AlanF - very nice series of lazy birds (hiking a lift on the back of other animals...) and beautiful shot of the lilac-breasted roller (y) - the only shot I managed of this bird in South Africa was with 200mm at, like, 200m distance :( so by far not as detailed as yours ;)
@ISv - nice set; those night herons are really 'up close and personal' - very nicely done (y)
W.
Wiebe, I have been trying to get a decent shot of a lilac-breasted roller since my failure in South Africa 6 years ago! This time was more successful and I got a shot of a Eurasian Roller as well.

2B4A6549-DxO_eurasian_roller_1.jpg

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0