Show your Bird Portraits

Monte

EOS R3
CR Pro
Jul 7, 2013
ALBERTA, CANADA
Monte - No clue but nice shots never the less, especially the first.

Alan the high ISO shot are nice but just not quite how we'd prefer them to look. Hard to beat good lighting - maybe some fill flash??

Jack
I think I’ve figured a way around it. I posted some cat images using imgur url’s and they worked and looked right.

Upvote 0
I notice that the images that I just posted have a totally different colour cast than what I see when I open them on my monitor individually, the same monitor. Yes, I've calibrated my monitor. What's up with that?? I've posted these same files on other sites with no coloraturas changes in viewing them.

I've noticed the same thing with some of my pics I've posted recently to this forum, huge color difference. They are fine posted on other sites, but here, they look totally different.....

Upvote 0

ISv

"The equipment that matters, is you"
CR Pro
Apr 30, 2017
Alan the high ISO shot are nice but just not quite how we'd prefer them to look. Hard to beat good lighting - maybe some fill flash??

Jack

Jack, I'm almost 100% agree with your opinion. Instead of "Hard to beat good lighting..." I may write "Impossible to..." mostly because I'm not sure the fill flash will get you to the same results (well, at least I'm not very good in this, I always see some differences that I personally don't like).

On other hand there are situations when if you don't shoot you just go home with nothing! And I think there are some folks around who need to get that shot, no matter how fine it will look as a picture (by one or other reason). Alan is Alan and he loves to show what his equipment is able to do (and stretching the boundaries time to time...). Is that useful here in the forum? I think so (well, I'm sure so): despite the photos are hardly competing with photos taken in proper light, they are still photos taken home and for some purposes they are 100% good enough. All this is an info that may help the guys who are after the object at any price. I'm not sure Alan is doing this exactly by the same reasons :) but it works there well enough...
I'm not very sure if I succeed to express myself good enough (in English) and it's just my opinion. Could be interesting to see what others are thinking about that anyway?

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

ISv

"The equipment that matters, is you"
CR Pro
Apr 30, 2017
dslrdummy and 7DmkI - very nice photos!
My short trip today (I'm still fighting nasty bronchitis) didn't produce the bird I was targeting, but at least I got an opportunity to shoot "portrait" of the White Tern (juvenile)! First photo is Yellow-fronted canary. BTW as with many other photos that I posted here, these are de-saturated (-6-9 in PL) RAW files...DSC_4254_DxO.jpgDSC_4361_DxO.jpgDSC_4399_DxO.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 users
Upvote 0