Show your Bird Portraits

ISv

"The equipment that matters, is you"
CR Pro
Apr 30, 2017
Wiebe, I think the worst in my system is the person behind the camera (I have to practice BIF even if I have to shoot just the doves around:). After that is the lens. My camera is also not the best for BIF but it will perform better with better lens.

Thanks Click! The birds are really nice, especially the Red-billed Tropic bird and they deserve better photos. Anyway, I was lucky to see the Red-billed so I'm not sorry for the few hours spent under the sun...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ISv

CR Pro
Apr 30, 2017
I think I didn't tell that it's a breading season for the Tropicbirds right now and they use to display some "dance" movements in the sky. Same day as the previous post.
First bird in display (looking toward the Sun, right on the photo) is at distance ~133 meters. The second is at ~56 (BTW, I don't use to hide the Exif files). The "V' shape of the wings is not present in their"normal fly".
The point is to show what they are doing (would be better in video actually) despite of the low quality of the photos.
DSC_5633_DxO.jpgDSC_5634_DxO.jpgDSC_5636_DxO.jpgDSC_5637_DxO.jpgDSC_5638_DxO.jpgDSC_5639_DxO.jpg

Reactions: 6 users
Upvote 0
I think I didn't tell that it's a breading season for the Tropicbirds right now and they use to display some "dance" movements in the sky. Same day as the previous post.
First bird in display (looking toward the Sun, right on the photo) is at distance ~133 meters. The second is at ~56 (BTW, I don't use to hide the Exif files). The "V' shape of the wings is not present in their"normal fly".
The point is to show what they are doing (would be better in video actually) despite of the low quality of the photos.
Hi ISv,
Great shots, and it must have felt very rewarding to be able to see them "perform" their mating flight / dance :)(y)!
W.

Upvote 0

ISv

CR Pro
Apr 30, 2017
Thanks Click, DSP121, AaronT and all who liked the photos!

Wiebe, you are special case: I have the bad custom to read in full the messages only when I have time and I just noticed this sentence from your previous comment: "I suppose it won't do a lot of good if I tell your wife that you really need a D500 or D850 or so...".
Well, we were 3 people with real cameras (cellphones around not included;)) on that spot (I don't know these guys...) and one of them was sporting 800mm lens. Could you, please, include this one too (You are on safe distance not like me :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:!)?
And yes - it was nice to watch the Red-tails performing their rituals but the real fun started after the Red-billed arrived (the mood turned up to crescendo :D).

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Jul 29, 2012
Canada
0057.gif
I really like this shot, Cog.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0