Show your Bird Portraits

Jul 29, 2012
Canada
There's plenty of patination around here!

Nice shot, Alan.
smile.png

Upvote 0

AaronT

CR Pro
Jan 5, 2013
Upvote 0

AlanF

Desperately seeking birds
CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
From today: on the first one a mate displaying in front of the nest... And the "nest" - here we go as a "portrait";)! No better angle for the nest - few steps right and I'm in free fall ~10 meters... the bottom is a rock :(!
A really keen bird photographer would have jumped and taken the perfect shot while falling. You just have to practice. Or, perhaps a drone?

Upvote 0

ISv

"The equipment that matters, is you"
CR Pro
Apr 30, 2017
Thanks Glick and Aaron!
Aaron, I don't think I have a vertigo. I have just the normal fear from heights (and it is not helping to feel confident when on the rocks but for sure helps to survive:)).

Alan, I may follow your advise next time (the free fall) but it would be a waste of camera and lens :). Concerning the drone: I actually was thinking about it...

Upvote 0

Jack Douglas

CR for the Humour
Apr 10, 2013
Alberta, Canada
Have appreciated the last postings ... alas for some reason on a infrequent basis my notifications don't work. Wondered why it was so quiet.

Less than 3 weeks now to Costa Rica and oh so tedious it is trying to figure out where to go, what to do (other than shoot birds) and what accommodations to afford. It's more expensive than I thought. There are so many birds and animals it's mind boggling.

Jack

Upvote 0

AlanF

Desperately seeking birds
CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
Thanks Glick and Aaron!
Aaron, I don't think I have a vertigo. I have just the normal fear from heights (and it is not helping to feel confident when on the rocks but for sure helps to survive:)).

Alan, I may follow your advise next time (the free fall) but it would be a waste of camera and lens :). Concerning the drone: I actually was thinking about it...
My further advice is that when you fall land on your backside so the camera lands on you, a useful technique to master.

Upvote 0

Cog

Dec 6, 2013
Qatar
Upvote 0
I finally finished going through all my photos from the two weeks in Florida. Here are a few Burrowing Owls from Cape Coral. 7D mkii / EF 500 f4 / 1.4xiii

Jeremy
Very nice series Jeremy,
Third to fifth pictures trigger the imagination - several funny story ideas come to mind (what is he telling his audience, aloof and self-righteous ;))
W.

Upvote 0
Nice shot Alan. Usually the only raptors we have around where I live are Cooper's hawks, and they are quite shy. Yesterday I got a shot of Europe's infamous transplant to North America, the Starling. I got a look into the mouth and it was as disgusting as most of us find the rest of the bird. :oops: I am sure they have some redeeming quality, my wife and I just haven't found it yet. :)

Wowww..!!! So beautiful bird! I have never seen this bird! I love its colors! Thank you so much for sharing this photo! :)

Upvote 0