Show your Bird Portraits

Jack Douglas

CR for the Humour
Apr 10, 2013
Alberta, Canada
Search the Internet for pictures of that species. See this page for example: https://www.photobee1blog.com/2012/07/honeycreepers-of-costa-rica/
In Costa Rica they have 2 more honey creepers but only the females of the Green Honey creeper are similar. They don't have the pale supercillium above the eyes, instead they have yellow on the beak, especially on the lower mandible.
That was interesting and I'll go with your suggestion unless someone strongly disagrees and has a credible alternative. I had searched quite a bit but of course immature birds tend to be underrepresented.

Jack

Upvote 0

AlanF

Desperately seeking birds
CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
Beautiful shots of the skylark, Alan. I like the first one in particular.
Thanks dpc! The first one is satisfactory, the best posed and background of about 20-30 shots, all in sharp focus. But, it is the second one flying that is my favourite, and here is another one. Catching these small birds in flight isn't easy, and it was between 25-30m away. Yet, the 100-400mm II on the 5DSR handled it perfectly - every single one in sharp focus and the gear is sufficiently light to swing around quickly, with a wide field of view. This bird is only 440 pixels high yet the combo is so sharp that the image is acceptable.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0