Show your Bird Portraits

Jack Douglas

CR for the Humour
Apr 10, 2013
Alberta, Canada
Well, if he took the first one while digging - it's my favorite: it says DEDICATION:D!

ISv if only I could shoot that bird while digging!! I have fantasized about owning property in Costa Rica since returning and I turn green thinking about where you are shooting.:sick: Hmm, why no green envy emoji?

Jack

Upvote 0

ISv

"The equipment that matters, is you"
CR Pro
Apr 30, 2017
Upvote 0
Jan 29, 2011
I have never seen booby from so close. There are 3 species nesting on tiny islets around Oahu but all these are preserved territories, you are not suppose to land there. Otherwise boobies are very easy to approach (the reason for the name I think). My best photo of Brown Booby according to the exif file is taken from 133.35 meters (obviously the infinity point of the lens: it says the same even if I take a photo of the nearby island miles away...).
So, the light is basic but the distance to the object matters too (here I mean the small letters text under your photo);)!
View attachment 184711
I was on a boat and about 14 of them took up residence on the bow of the boat for the day, so I suppose they approached us!

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0

AlanF

Desperately seeking birds
CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
Skylark numbers have dramatically declined and the bird is on the red list as endangered. We have a local meadow where they are active, fortunately. They live hidden on the ground, and soar, hover and sing. Here are some more shots, from the 400 DO II `+ 1.4xTC on the 5DSR. The one on the wing is actually in flight and not hovering, showing once again the 5DSR is pretty competent for BIF.

Reactions: 15 users
Upvote 0
Jul 28, 2015
Skylark numbers have dramatically declined and the bird is on the red list as endangered. We have a local meadow where they are active, fortunately. They live hidden on the ground, and soar, hover and sing. Here are some more shots, from the 400 DO II `+ 1.4xTC on the 5DSR. The one on the wing is actually in flight and not hovering, showing once again the 5DSR is pretty competent for BIF.

The first one is a great portrait, Alan.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0