Show your Bird Portraits

ISv

"The equipment that matters, is you"
CR Pro
Apr 30, 2017
First two from today, the goal was to take photos of the Wedge-tailed Shearwater and I kind of succeeded (just partly - all I saw were in their burrows:mad:, but welcome my first photo of these birds:rolleyes:), next is molting baby Laysan Albatross (almost fledgling). The third is attempt for auto-portrait in the eyes of the White-rumped Shama (zoom in the eyes) from yesterday...184757184758184759

Reactions: 12 users
Upvote 0

ISv

"The equipment that matters, is you"
CR Pro
Apr 30, 2017
You sneaked up close for that one!
Well, I was resting on a bench in botanical garden (warming up for today's shooting). That Shama came on a branch right above me. I move carefully few steps away and take a shot. When I check it I realized that moving few more steps I would be with that grass as a background. Didn't figure out why the bird is staying so close, and non stop talking something to me (I do not want to hear the translation from that language;)) until I notice a fledgling in the nearby bush. Now you know my secret how to sneak to the birds :D (something very similar to the story Private told us page ago -961)! Sometimes one gets lucky - they come to you...

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Jul 29, 2012
Canada
Beautiful pictures. Well done, Mikehit.
d055.gif

Upvote 0

IslanderMV

"life is for the birds"
May 1, 2012
www.bernierland.com
How could you approach them at such an angle...?
Were they prancing about on a sand dune or something?
Very nice and special perspective!
W.
Pict taken in a kayak at low tide the birds were on a sandbar that was a bit higher. I liked the angle also.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0