Show your Bird Portraits

Our local juvenile Reddish Egret has shown up for the season and its been amusing to follow the fishing antics. Yesterday, it decided after fishing for a bit to just plop down on the vegetation about 20-25' from me for a little preening session. I'm always amused by the careful head scratching that occurs.
SDR70024-X3.jpg

1DX MK II 600f/4 II 1/1600 : f/11 : ISO 1000

Reactions: 8 users
Upvote 0

AlanF

Desperately seeking birds
CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
Our local juvenile Reddish Egret has shown up for the season and its been amusing to follow the fishing antics. Yesterday, it decided after fishing for a bit to just plop down on the vegetation about 20-25' from me for a little preening session. I'm always amused by the careful head scratching that occurs.
SDR70024-X3.jpg

1DX MK II 600f/4 II 1/1600 : f/11 : ISO 1000
He looks like a real bruiser!

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

AlanF

CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
Beautiful shot Alan! This is what I have been waiting to see from the 90D.
Thanks! I'm using PhotoNinja for processing .dng files generated from .cr3 files by Adobe Camera Raw as Ninja cleans up noise so remarkably well (DxO PL is not yet compatible). But, DPP is working pretty well, much better than I recall than in the past.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

Jack Douglas

CR for the Humour
Apr 10, 2013
Alberta, Canada
These birds were in a rush, resting for about 15 minutes and gone. I couldn't get a good peak and just a few snaps.
Yes, I know that was a challenging request! ;) But at least it's interesting to ponder that global warming may indeed give me the opportunity on day.

Jack

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

ISv

"The equipment that matters, is you"
CR Pro
Apr 30, 2017
Yes, I know that was a challenging request! ;) But at least it's interesting to ponder that global warming may indeed give me the opportunity on day.

Jack
Jack :ROFLMAO:! "Yes, I know that was a challenging request! ;) " - you are a minimalist obviously (and yes! - I understand your humor!)!

Upvote 0

ISv

"The equipment that matters, is you"
CR Pro
Apr 30, 2017
It is always nice to photograph a new bird , not a good picture but a good bird. Yellow-billed Cuckoo
View attachment 187191
Congratulations! "It is always nice to photograph a new bird ..." - tell me about this:D! Sometimes I'm posting photos that are not to much in line - just because I'm so proud of my new catch:) On other hand it is always interesting to see new bird - at least for me...

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0

AlanF

CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
It is always nice to photograph a new bird , not a good picture but a good bird. Yellow-billed Cuckoo
View attachment 187191
It’s one of our two major goals; recording a new bird or getting a better photo of an older catch. Cuckoos are interesting birds. Well done.

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0