Show your Bird Portraits

Hello all,

Its been a while since I posted a picture...been without a camera. Getting settled with the 90D. I did have some focus problems at first (using a 100-400 ver ii). I took the advice and turned off the face recognition. I also found that the IS mode 1 worked much better than mode 3. I don't recall anyone mentioning that...would be interesting to hear if others have the same observation.

I have also purchased Topaz DeNoise AI to get rid of the 90D grain...works amazing!

Here are my backyard friends...White Breasted Nuthatch, and a Downy Woodpecker.

Regards,

CB

Attachments

• White Breasted Nuthatch.jpg
    White Breasted Nuthatch.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 106
  • Downy.jpg
    Downy.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 99
Reactions: 8 users
Upvote 0

Jack Douglas

CR for the Humour
Apr 10, 2013
Alberta, Canada
Hello all,

Its been a while since I posted a picture...been without a camera. Getting settled with the 90D. I did have some focus problems at first (using a 100-400 ver ii). I took the advice and turned off the face recognition. I also found that the IS mode 1 worked much better than mode 3. I don't recall anyone mentioning that...would be interesting to hear if others have the same observation.

I have also purchased Topaz DeNoise AI to get rid of the 90D grain...works amazing!

Regards,

CB
Your friends are my friends. It can be pretty challenging finding much else.

Jack

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

AlanF

Desperately seeking birds
CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
Hello all,

Regards,

CB
Nice shots - wish I had those in my backyard. I am using Noise Ninja. Haven’t found the need to turn off face recognition as iAF seems to work well but will give it a try.

Upvote 0
Jul 29, 2012
Canada
Lovely shots. Nicely done, clbayley.
d055.gif

Upvote 0

ISv

"The equipment that matters, is you"
CR Pro
Apr 30, 2017
Hello all,

Regards,

CB
"Here are my backyard friends...White Breasted Nuthatch, and a Downy Woodpecker"

Very nice photos Clbayley! And you are between very nice friends:)!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

AlanF

CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
The local shop has just got a Sony 200-600mm lens. It's a beautiful piece of kit and the view through an EVF was really rather nice. All reports are it's really sharp. Although it's the same weight as my 400mm DO II with the 1.4xTC attached, it seemed heavier as it is about 60-64mm (2.5") longer and the centre of gravity is further away from the body. I wish Canon would bring out an equivalent lens for us birders, preferably lighter and retractable rather than fixed length.

Upvote 0

AlanF

CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
Hi Alan.
Thanks, I thought it was very cute with the feather for its nest.
I guess the Stone Curlew knew you were there before you knew he was there, he has a beady eye on you!

Cheers, Graham.
Yes he did. They are very confident in their camouflage and I got within about 20m before he took a short flight.

Upvote 0

ISv

"The equipment that matters, is you"
CR Pro
Apr 30, 2017
Upvote 0