Show your Bird Portraits

AlanF

Desperately seeking birds
CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
I have been trying for years to get a good shot of a Bullfinch, but have only ever got poor ones at a distant. I tried this morning where some had been sighted but no luck. Then, on leaving, there was one by the car park, not completely clear and only just close enough to see any detail. But, it is the best I have been able to do so far.
DSC_2173-DxO_Bullfinch_CR.jpg

Reactions: 7 users
Upvote 0

ISv

"The equipment that matters, is you"
CR Pro
Apr 30, 2017
Last year there were reports of Glaucous-winged Gull on the Island (funny - there are no resident gulls on the Islands here) - first winter bird, just one for the Island. I went out at least 5-6 times to look for it - no success! Now again - first winter bird (reported last week I think), also one. I got it in the first attempt!!! Tell me about lucky times. Got ~400 photos (greedy:unsure:)!
I notice it as a large grey bird plunging into the water on my way for different spot. Turned back (~200 yards) and found it on the sand of the beach. First steps of the "friendship" were slow and risky: at ~20 meters/yards it was showing discomfort! Later I was allow to get to ~15 and finally the bird show me it's treasure - from about 12 meters/yards! I think this was already dead fish - I can see some fish-line on the photos...
At the last photo I left - every one needs some privacy:)!

DSC_0536_DxO.jpgDSC_0661_DxO.jpgDSC_0713_DxO.jpgDSC_0835_DxO.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 10 users
Upvote 0
Jul 29, 2012
Canada
Beautiful series, ISv.
a025.gif

Upvote 0