Shutter doesn't sound good and stays open too long - 50D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 24, 2011
I have a 50D camera that is about 3 years old that we abuse pretty good. But recently it takes photos at 1/400 or 1/800th yet they are very washed out. (Good photos and bad photos have the same EXIF data) If you listen to the shutter it doesn't sound like the normal click.

Now, we are using a power supply for this camera, and I'm hoping that it is still getting enough power. And if I unplug it and then plug it back in, it will act normally for a few photos. I could try it on battery power. And I'm using a center weighted average, so I think it should be able to get the exposure right in Av mode.

Do you guys have any guesses as to what it is or something I could try?

M

M.ST

If your batteries are okay, then you have technical problems with your camera.

Send it to a repair shop or CPS to solve the problem.

If that is a technical problem its a shame for Canon. My 350D has more shutter releases as my first 5D mark II and my first 1Ds Mark III together. A year ago I bought a new 5D Mark II and a new 1Ds Mark III because CPS is not able to fix the problems.

Upvote 0
Feb 24, 2011
M.ST said:
If your batteries are okay, then you have technical problems with your camera.

Send it to a repair shop or CPS to solve the problem.

If that is a technical problem its a shame for Canon. My 350D has more shutter releases as my first 5D mark II and my first 1Ds Mark III together. A year ago I bought a new 5D Mark II and a new 1Ds Mark III because CPS is not able to fix the problems.

We can't blame Canon for this. This camera is the victim of some serious abuse (hot, cold, 24/7 operation).

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.