Sigma 12-24 F4.5-5.6 EX DG ASP HSM II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Portrait_Moments_Photogra said:
i do have a problem with my sigma 12-24 -

i noticed it consistently back focuses on dimly lit locations like receptions and parks at night when your subject is only a few feet infront of you - like table shoots and group shoots :(

i use it with the canon 1dx :(

AFMA it. I noticed some back focusing on mine as well, and AFMA with FoCal has AF very crisp now.

Upvote 0
P

Portrait_Moments_Photogra

thanks , that would have been an easy solution - but the problem is, the 12-24 works well on bright days and even on dim lit areas when shooting from a far,

its when the subject is close and dim that it happens and it still focuses sharp every so often - so, its not just an AF micro adjustment issue -

while im on this - i just thought about using my 5D2 and 1D2N for the 12-24 and see how it goes.

theres some new issues that my 1DX has given me as well, including the new 600RT

i noticed that when using the 600rt on camera as master paired with a couple of 580ex's that some feautures will make the 580ex not function properly. sometimes, i noticed the 580 would change settings to strobe mode on the back of the lcd.

although this is not scientific tests by any means - i have noticed irregularities in operation compared to the purely 580ex setup without mix flashes (600rt)

Upvote 0
I find that with this lens, most of the time I'm on a tripod. So that being the case, I also tend to manually focus a lot... which produces very good results.

Ultra wides can be quirky, so sometimes you just have to work with what you have when it comes to getting 12mm on a FF. I pretty much never use this lens below f/8, since the sides would be a mess. And manually focusing is something else I've become accustomed to. Although AFMA did help quite a bit.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.