Sigma 135mm Art review by photozone

ahsanford

Particular Member
Aug 16, 2012
To put an exclamation point on this review:

"In our review of the Sigma 85mm f/1.4 HSM DG ART we were pretty much stunned by its quality. However, the Sigma 135mm f/1.8 HSM DG ART tops that. Those who have followed us over the years know that we don't easily come up with superlatives but this time it's hard to avoid them really. The Sigma lens is the best lens that we have tested so far."

- A

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-06-04 at 7.25.02 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-06-04 at 7.25.02 AM.png
    35.2 KB · Views: 789
Upvote 0
Dec 11, 2015
ahsanford said:

"In our review of the Sigma 85mm f/1.4 HSM DG ART we were pretty much stunned by its quality. However, the Sigma 135mm f/1.8 HSM DG ART tops that. Those who have followed us over the years know that we don't easily come up with superlatives but this time it's hard to avoid them really. The Sigma lens is the best lens that we have tested so far."

- A

Has anyone on this forum bought one yet? Is a lack of IS a problem for this lens?

Upvote 0

SecureGSM

2 x 5D IV
Feb 26, 2017
Hi Jopa, no, not a problem at all. I shoot with Canon 6D (20Mp) at 1/250s shutter speed and faster (ambient) or 1/160s ( flash/ strobes). I love this lens so far.

Jopa said:
ahsanford said:

- A

Has anyone on this forum bought one yet? Is a lack of IS a problem for this lens?

Upvote 0

LSXPhotog

Automotive, Commercial, & Motorsports
CR Pro
Apr 2, 2015
Tampa, FL
www.diossiphotography.com
It's hard to not temp myself with this lens. I own the 50A and 85A and am repeatedly impressed by their superb image quality. The 85 is still a bulk to handle, but it's worth it for the results and this lens shares much the same weight and build. I feel like I just can't give up on the 135L, however. I turned my back on Canon with the 50mm and 85mm with no regrets, but the 135's consistency with its autofocus accuracy/speed for motorsports, overall aesthetic, size/weight are just hard to ignore.

There's no doubt this lens has superior image quality in many areas and might have that little something extra that Art lenses just seem to have. But the aforementioned attributes of the 135L are also very important for why I own the lens in the first place...damn it...what a good problem for us all to have.

- Kevin

Upvote 0