Sigma 18-35 1.8 art or Canon 24-70 f4l + viltrox focal reducer

I am using a M50 mainly for videos and since my Tamron 17-50 broke i need a new lens, and i don't know which one is better for my needs.
I would really love the low light capability of the sigma however it lacks a bit of range, the stabilizer and i can't use it on a full frame camera.
The 24-70 would be fine with the reducer (2.8 is enough for me) however i am not sure about the image quality with the reducer.
Price is not a problem cause it's almost the same for both lenses.
Thanks in advance.

I have heard of extenders (1.4x and 2x) but have never heard of a reducer. I suppose this is an accessory to make EF lenses fit on M cameras? Considering it is not made by Canon I would be very dubious of the quality. If your aim is to keep it on all the time to get a shorter focal length then I think there is no point in that. You are better off getting a lens in the length you need, one made with an M mount. I have the 24-70 f4L which is a great lens, but I use it for full frame (5D4) with no attachments.

Upvote 0
The anecdotal information I have gathered regarding focal reducers (AKA speed boosters) is that IQ is very high.
I have felt that this was a great way to adapt FF lenses to smaller formats.

The real issue you face is an adapter that transmits the data properly for AF and exposure.
I already have the adapter and it works great with canon lenses, the af looks a bit slower but it's almost unnoticeable

Upvote 0