Sigma 350-1200 f11

I did not know this lens existed until i came cross one on eBay. Searching there find's 3 for sale right now. I love the Olive Drab color, gives it a nice military feel.

Format: 35mm SLR
Focusing: Manual Focus (MF)
Lens mounts: Canon EF, EF-S, Nikon F (FX, DX), Pentax K
First year of production: 1987
Last year of production: 1992
Optical design: 17 elements in 12 groups

An article with photos: http://blog.danielbridge.co.uk/2014/01/sigma-350-1200mm-lens-pentax-pk-fit.html
af2f96b6257eb1963cb2d17a74269ff0.jpg

D

Deleted member 91053

I wonder if that is the one that used to be in Walters Photo in Caerphilly? It's only a few miles away and I know they passed it on to another camera shop.
If it is the one I was offered to me then I was very tempted as it wasn't expensive and was in very good condition. Unfortunately Pentax didn't make a good/affordable DSLR at the time, otherwise this article may not have been written!
Not a very practical lens due to the zoom unbalancing everything, manual focus, tiny aperture etc, but what a lens for one up-man ship!

Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 91053

dhr90 said:
I've been going into that shop for years, can't believe i missed out on looking at and maybe playing with this, would have been fun! That lens would provide a lot of amusement turning up to a racetrack with it and seeing some other photographers reactions!

If it is the one from Walters t was always in a big flight case on top of the display (behind the counter) at Walters Caerphilly shop. They offered it to me for 1K back in 2006. I was told that they had passed it on to another camera shop just before the Caerphilly store closed.
A very silly lens by current standards - but it could be a lot of fun!

Upvote 0
johnf3f said:
dhr90 said:
I've been going into that shop for years, can't believe i missed out on looking at and maybe playing with this, would have been fun! That lens would provide a lot of amusement turning up to a racetrack with it and seeing some other photographers reactions!

If it is the one from Walters t was always in a big flight case on top of the display (behind the counter) at Walters Caerphilly shop. They offered it to me for 1K back in 2006. I was told that they had passed it on to another camera shop just before the Caerphilly store closed.

It was cameraworld. To be honest they may have had it on display where I don't usually look, I doubt too many of those glass shelved display cabinets are capable of taking that sort of weight!
Completely silly I agree, but could be fun up to the point you get a hernia trying to hand hold it to shoot an entire airshow ;D

Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 91053

dhr90 said:
johnf3f said:
dhr90 said:

It was cameraworld. To be honest they may have had it on display where I don't usually look, I doubt too many of those glass shelved display cabinets are capable of taking that sort of weight!
Completely silly I agree, but could be fun up to the point you get a hernia trying to hand hold it to shoot an entire airshow ;D

It was on top of the Display cabinet at Walters in Caerphilly, I was assuming it was the same lens as Cameraland is not far away and I was told that Walters had passed it on to another camera shop.
This lens must have been quite a beastie in it's day!

Upvote 0