Sigma 50mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art

Viggo said:
It's funny but as for the last one there and a couple of others, the person OOF is actually the same sharpness I would get with the 50 L, and then my eyes move around and suddenly see where you focused, and seems VERy sharp. I'm guessing you have pretty high iso also. Thanks again!

yeah they were iso 6400

none of these have had any colour changes NR or sharpening / clarity, just exposure tweeks

Upvote 0
Dec 13, 2010
wickidwombat said:
Viggo said:
It's funny but as for the last one there and a couple of others, the person OOF is actually the same sharpness I would get with the 50 L, and then my eyes move around and suddenly see where you focused, and seems VERy sharp. I'm guessing you have pretty high iso also. Thanks again!

yeah they were iso 6400

none of these have had any colour changes NR or sharpening / clarity, just exposure tweeks

That is sweet! I see that it has a tad lower contrast @f1.4, but I can imagine it will clean up really nice with a ColorChecker profile. Can't wait to have a go with mine.

Btw your "test pictures" all have a high quality to them, nice shooting!

Upvote 0
Viggo said:
wickidwombat said:
Viggo said:

yeah they were iso 6400

That is sweet! I see that it has a tad lower contrast @f1.4, but I can imagine it will clean up really nice with a ColorChecker profile. Can't wait to have a go with mine.

Btw your "test pictures" all have a high quality to them, nice shooting!

thanks i was trying to go for something other than the usual cats and door knobs that are usually the first test shots :p

Upvote 0