SIGMA announces the FF Classic Prime Line of CINE lenses

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
Press Release: The SIGMA Corporation is pleased to announce the launch of “FF Classic Prime Line” as a new series in the SIGMA CINE LENS.
FF High-Speed Prime Line has been offering the highest resolving power in its class, that is compatible with 8K shooting with large format sensors while achieving an outstanding compact design. Based on this product line, the FF Classic Prime Line incorporates more non-coated optical elements to achieve unrivaled expression. It retains the high-resolution capability that SIGMA CINE LENS is well known for, and offers a unique combination of low contrast and artistic flare/ghost in the image. As with all other lenses from the FF High-Speed Prime Line, it creates beautiful bokeh effects to improve creativity.

FF Classic Prime Line has implemented newly developed coatings on the glass elements and offers consistent T value across the lineup (14mm and 135mm at T3.2 and the rest of the lenses at T2.5). This will greatly contribute to the...

Continue reading...

Arod820

Camera Operator
Sep 19, 2018
Miami
Alternatively one can revive some FD lenses of the S.C. series. Not uncoated but single coating gives similar effects. Most lenses have some CA but very good sharpness (in the center at least) but less contrast in contralight :)
Never even thought of that! I tried old FD glass on EF bodies before but the adapter needed a glass element and always came out pretty hazy and soft. Now that it can sit a natural distance from the sensor I gotta give it a try especially before they shoot up in price.

Upvote 0
Never even thought of that! I tried old FD glass on EF bodies before but the adapter needed a glass element and always came out pretty hazy and soft. Now that it can sit a natural distance from the sensor I gotta give it a try especially before they shoot up in price.
They are not as sharp as current designs wide open but I found that the FD 1.4 50 S.S.C. (with chrome ring) has good IQ at f/1.4 on APS-C and very good IQ from f/4 on!
FD 4 17 (new FD) wasn't convincing like FD 4 300 (non-L, new FD) but lenses like 2.5 135, 3.5 135, 3.5 50 macro, 1.8 85 are rendering nicely.

One thing which modern lenses do much better: The longitudinal CA is much better corrected ... but if you go "vintage" B/W is a good option and CA at least in out of focus areas is meaningless in B/W ...

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0