Sigma Corporation Announces a Pair of 150-600mm f/5-6.3 OS Lenses With Advanced Features and Optics

Re: Sigma Corporation Announces a Pair of 150-600mm f/5-6.3 OS Lenses With Advanced Features and Opt

I'm back with some good news. I'm just now in the way back from Photokina and must say I'm quite impressed. The Sigma is a Monster and eats Tamrons for breakfast. With its 2.8kg it's not exactly what I would call lightweight, but what do you expect from an all-metal construction. The release date should be somewhere in the October to December timeframe, but definitely this year. I also had a chance to mount it to my camera, I'll upload the Raws as soon as I'm home. Last but not least, the AF is very fast and accurate and does definitely not have any additional power source. Two booths away I also had a hands-on with the Tamron, which is noticeably lighter but feels way cheaper with its plastic construction.
Sadly Sigma only offered hands-on with the S, would have been interesting to see the difference to the C. Looks like the S is in fact way ahead in the production process.
For all of you who can't make it to cologne these days I attached some pictures of the S and C (maybe dummy) in the show case and attached to my 7D.
My conclusion: I'm totally fixed on the S and will be happy to be amongst the first preorders here in Europe.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 291
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 265
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 261
Upvote 0
Re: Sigma Corporation Announces a Pair of 150-600mm f/5-6.3 OS Lenses With Advanced Features and Opt

The Sigma is a Monster and eats Tamrons for breakfast. With its 2.8kg it's not exactly what I would call lightweight

:eek:

i have the tamron 150-600mm and it´s already too heavy to be funny.

if the quality of the sigmas is much better i maybe will buy the C or S version.

but it has to be so much better that it really makes a difference in all day shooting, not only when shooting testcharts. :)

Upvote 0