SMC Pentax-F 100-300mm compatibility...

Matt English

I'm New Here
Jun 3, 2019
SMC Pentax-F 100-300mm F4.5-5.6...would this lens be compatible with a Canon camera? I would be willing to buy an adapter. What adapter would be needed?

Thanks!

Matt

dcm

Good or bad - it's not the gear.
Apr 18, 2013
You didn't give us much to work with. It depends on the body. There are several adapters available.

RF and EF-M should work with the adapters due to the extra space, but the lens will be full manual. Manual focus aid (zebras) in these bodies can be helpful.

Some very thin adapters allow you to mount the lens of an EF. Pentax K Lenses have arms and other features that may protrude in the body. Most only recommend EF-S bodies which should have room for the elements that protrude. Modifications may be necessary to mount on EF bodies. Optical view finder on EF may be problematic unless you get a chipped adapter to allow focus confirmation. It still may be difficult with a long telephoto. Magnified live view may be your best bet with EF/EF-S bodies

Reactions: Matt English

Del Paso

M3 Singlestroke
Aug 9, 2018
Easy!
Novoflex (and a few other companies) sell an adapter to mount a Pentax K lens on the EOS R.
PS: Never ever buy a cheap adapter...

Reactions: Matt English

Matt English

I'm New Here
Jun 3, 2019
You didn't give us much to work with. It depends on the body. There are several adapters available.

RF and EF-M should work with the adapters due to the extra space, but the lens will be full manual. Manual focus aid (zebras) in these bodies can be helpful.

Some very thin adapters allow you to mount the lens of an EF. Pentax K Lenses have arms and other features that may protrude in the body. Most only recommend EF-S bodies which should have room for the elements that protrude. Modifications may be necessary to mount on EF bodies. Optical view finder on EF may be problematic unless you get a chipped adapter to allow focus confirmation. It still may be difficult with a long telephoto. Magnified live view may be your best bet with EF/EF-S bodies