Smugmug in Canada

Mar 25, 2011
I use Smugmug in the USA. I can't imagine that there would be a problem using it in Canada, there are no censors or filters at the border, and the location of the servers is usually not a big deal unless they are half way around the world.

The service is extremely reliable, I believe they use Amazon servers, so its rarely down, and then only for a short time. The speed of the site is excellent, and being able to manage your images thru Lightroom is definitely a big plus, I always use Lightroom to upload images to Smugmug with Jeffrey Fridels excellent add-in.

You do have to pay for it, as opposed to some of the free sites, but I feel its well worth the cost.

Upvote 0
I appreciate that very much. Haven't heard of Zenfolio, but I will definitely check them out. Thanks!

Richky said:
The problem with SmugMug (and pretty much any other site I have found) is that they do not have Canadian fulfillment partners so clients ordering prints are often stuck with extra charges at the border. I chose to go with Zenfolio which at least has a self-fulfillment option so I can take the orders and get them printed in Canada (or wherever I choose).

Upvote 0
Oct 22, 2010
i rarely come to this regional forum, but i got to put two thumbs up for Smugmug. I am in Canada as well.

i did consider Zenfolio couple years back, and the two drawback make me go with Smugmug.

1. no video at that time, i understand they finally have it now ???
2. upload speed at my work, Smugmug is A LOT faster.

Layout wise, i like Smugmug more.

search for coupon code on web to save $15-20 bucks ;)

Upvote 0