Admin US West

CR Pro
Nov 30, 2010
Here in spokane, Washington, USA we had a snowy day, about 10 inches. I setup a bird feeder last spring, and am trying to keep the big flock of birds that feed there well fed this winter. I put a bucket heater in the fountain so they have fresh water, it has been down to -15 F this winter, and it keeps on running.

Here is a finch enjoying lunch this afternoon. They do keep their feathers puffed up a little to keep warm. The feeder was covered with about two dozen of them this morning. I used my 100-400mm l hand held with flash and better beamer. With the wind blowing, its not as sharp as it could be, but it was cold and blowing snow right into my lens, so I snapped off a couple and gave it up.

Canon 1D MK III, 100-400mm L @ 400mm, 1/250 sec with flash, ISO 200.

1140859003_sLEdz-XL.jpg

Mar 25, 2011
We actually had a inch of Snow yesterday, no April fool. It was gone a couple of hours after it ended, but miserable while it lasted, wet sloppy, and blowing.

I wanted to do some more testing of my new 5D MK III, so Larry, Curly, and Moe lined up in my Crabapple tree for me. Unfortunately, I had my 100mm L and was not going to the studio to get a telephoto, so I just did a near 100% crop.

Upvote 0