SO WHERE's CANON 7D Mark 2 Firmware Update Mentioned for this Week

Big_Ant_TV_Media

Hey Fellow Canon Shooters
Oct 13, 2014
NYC
www.facebook.com
so other users or people who have/had problems with there 7D Mark 2 where told canon was releasing or updating the firmware this week
so was it a lie or etc created by canon too calm people down
or too ease the concerns of the AF problems some people are having
a sorta placebo effect too put out on the NET too put people at ease?

Mt Spokane Photography said:
I've seen one post by a person who was told that the service department was waiting for a "Data Sheet" from Canon. He thought this meant firmware. Even if firmware is in development, it will be months. A relatively few have issues.

Here's that post: http://www.canonrumors.com/forum/index.php?topic=25370.msg513966;topicseen#new

Danzq did say:

I asked if it was a new firmware and they said that it in fact is a new firmware and it should come in early next week.

That said a customer service rep might be privy to a desired release date but until the firmware is actually released they don't really know. There are a myriad of reasons that a release would be delayed.

Long story short "we" haven't officially heard anything about a release on a given date so I wouldn't hold my breath. My camera is scheduled to be returned from warranty service soon so I'm excited to see what they did and if there are improvements. If you are also having issues you might want to send yours in as well.

Upvote 0
Mar 25, 2011
machx0r said:
Mt Spokane Photography said:
I've seen one post by a person who was told that the service department was waiting for a "Data Sheet" from Canon. He thought this meant firmware. Even if firmware is in development, it will be months. A relatively few have issues.

Here's that post: http://www.canonrumors.com/forum/index.php?topic=25370.msg513966;topicseen#new

Danzq did say:

I asked if it was a new firmware and they said that it in fact is a new firmware and it should come in early next week.

That said a customer service rep might be privy to a desired release date but until the firmware is actually released they don't really know. There are a myriad of reasons that a release would be delayed.

Long story short "we" haven't officially heard anything about a release on a given date so I wouldn't hold my breath. My camera is scheduled to be returned from warranty service soon so I'm excited to see what they did and if there are improvements. If you are also having issues you might want to send yours in as well.

I think there was something lost in translation.

The service department uses special firmware for testing and adjusting cameras. This is different from the firmware that operates the camera for the user. The data sheet could merely be a updated data table used in the firmware. That might fix a AF adjustment issue. The firmware contains a data table for every Canon EF lens and tells the camera what settings are allowed and even modifies exposures if required.

This is part of the issue that makes it so difficult for third party lenses, they tell the camera that a EF lens is actually attached, and then must live with the internal settings in the data table. That table can be and likely is different for each camera model.

Upvote 0