Some random Macros

These were taken with Zeiss Jena 35mm 2.8 Zebra m42, handheld, no flash, f/7.1. The lens is not as sharp as i wish but its still cool. Dreaming of 100mm L macro. Feel free to donate it to me :D

I just wanna know what kind of spider this is? It was like 4-5cm in size including the legs. Really big (for my country...ive seen bigger in asia )! Horrible shadows i kno :)

Attachments

• IMG_2087.jpg
    IMG_2087.jpg
    716.2 KB · Views: 1,195
  • IMG_2094.jpg
    IMG_2094.jpg
    882.7 KB · Views: 1,148
Upvote 0
my first macro tries, borrowed my friends 100mm f/2.8 L + 550D

8091030431_bd93167c09_b.jpg

8091039262_4984b0cd06_b.jpg

Upvote 0

Ryan708

Less bickering, more shooting
Mar 1, 2012
New Hampshire
Pieces Of E said:
Cool shots everyone. The neon green bug on page 1 I believe is a green ash borer. Awesome looking bug, but I think he's a devil on eating trees. Correction anyone? Thanx.

Im pretty sure it is a green tiger beetle, I have seen them chasing and eating ants before. They are usually quite skittish but I got lucky with that shot I guess!

Upvote 0
Sad_Dave said:
Hello All, i'm new here and need some honest critics to learn.

Hi Dave,

Just a little suggestion, you may want to emphasize more at the head of the grasshopper (I think) by bringing it to the center or a little bit to the right side of the frame since most of the time the head of the insect is the one that mostly impresses the viewer. It's just my opinion though. You may want to take photos of the insect in multiple angles or frame it in different ways. Most of the time, I just work on "feeling". I know I've got it somewhat right if I feel good for my picture but just as what you've done, I'll ask everybody's/anybody's opinion regarding it because it will surely help me next time.

Upvote 0