Sony is number one in the Chinese Full Frame market

Keith_Reeder

I really don't mind offending trolls.
Feb 8, 2014
Blyth, NE England
neuroanatomist said:
It sounds like you're so emotionally attached to your tools that you sleep with your Sony camera.
Defining yourself by your choice of camera really does suggest a personality which is fundamentally lacking in some pretty important ways.

There are far more important things to be emotionally invested in...

Upvote 0
Jun 20, 2013
Tugela said:
Mt Spokane Photography said:
Sony bought their way to the top in the US 2 years ago by offering huge discounts on trade-ins of any camera. They cleared out inventory that would not sell.

Its possible that the same thing is being repeated in China, dumping inventory that no one wants at the typical Sony high prices.

Asian countries do appreciate smaller cameras, the Canon "M" series sells well there.
One of the reasons I expect to see a small Canon FF mirrorless body with a new lens mount is that Asian countries are driving new camera sales, and have so much more potential for even more sales. The US and Europe are no longer the biggest markets.

The a7III is the top selling ILC camera in Japan in May

no it isn't.

not even close.

Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
rrcphoto said:
Tugela said:
The a7III is the top selling ILC camera in Japan in May

no it isn't.

not even close.

Of course it’s not. The top three ILCs in Japan in May were the SL2 (Kiss X9), the T7i (Kiss X9i), and the EOS M50 (Kiss M).

Tugela : facts :: oil : water.

Or if you prefer plain English to analogies, Tugela doesn’t know what the hell he’s talking about...ever.

Upvote 0

YuengLinger

Print the ones you love.
CR Pro
Dec 20, 2012
USA
Keith_Reeder said:
neuroanatomist said:
It sounds like you're so emotionally attached to your tools that you sleep with your Sony camera.
Defining yourself by your choice of camera really does suggest a personality which is fundamentally lacking in some pretty important ways.

There are far more important things to be emotionally invested in...

Wait--are you saying you don't sleep with yours?

Upvote 0