Spiders

Dec 22, 2012
lion rock said:
Not an easy job for you having the lens right on the subject, don't they move?
Anyway, excellent catch.
-r

They sure do move. It's easiest if you can catch them while eating, but sometimes you will come upon a spider that is more curious than afraid. The rest require equal measures of patience and luck. Thanks!

Ed

Upvote 0
Jan 1, 2013
Saw her yesterday at breakfast, but she was spooked. At dinner tonight, I saw her caught her own dinner. Waited for it to get dark and cooler before getting my camera.
Camera .jpg, no edit, just reduce file size.
5D3, 100 f/2.8L II on tripod with 600 speedlight.
-r

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    573.1 KB · Views: 196
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    615.5 KB · Views: 199
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    609.2 KB · Views: 192
Upvote 0

Aussie shooter

https://brettguyphotography.picfair.com/
Dec 6, 2016
brettguyphotography.picfair.com
Jumping spiders would have to be one of the best subjects on the planet to photograph. Transforming from what many consider a horrible creature to something so cute one can't help but love them

Jumping%20spider%2011%201%20of%201_zpsvpibap5k.jpg

Upvote 0

Monte

EOS R3
CR Pro
Jul 7, 2013
ALBERTA, CANADA
Aussie shooter said:
Jumping spiders would have to be one of the best subjects on the planet to photograph. Transforming from what many consider a horrible creature to something so cute one can't help but love them

Jumping%20spider%2011%201%20of%201_zpsvpibap5k.jpg
Beautiful shot Aussie. I like these little guys as well. They are equally inquizitive, it's like they are trying to figure you out as well. They just sit there and move their head side to side trying to get a better look at you giving you lots of opertunity to take shots of them.

Upvote 0
Jul 28, 2015
Monte said:
I don't know what kind this one is but I found him as well as many others hanging at just above head level along walkways in Jamaica that I'm positive that no one was noticing or there would have been a gong show! :eek:

That's a banana spider (one of the orb-weavers). Larger specimens have been known to capture and eat small birds.

At the other end of the spectrum, this is one I photographed the other day - the ball it is standing on is about 80mm across so you get an idea of size. it was taken with the 7D2+100mm f2.8 LIS macro using flash reflected off a modifier.
A bit of fill-in would have been nice but you live and learn...

Attachments

• Spider on web-101.JPG
    Spider on web-101.JPG
    278.6 KB · Views: 184
Upvote 0