Stars above.

Mr Bean

EOS 7D MK II
Sep 15, 2012
Australia
Click said:
Beautiful. Well done Mr Bean
Thanks Click. I must admit, trying to remove light pollution from an image is a tricky thing. Working out what is "normal" colour takes a good eye and the ability to stand back and say "...nope, that's not right....do it again..." :)

LOALTD

EOS RP
Nov 24, 2012
www.andrewholmanphoto.com
From our camp on Mt Baker a couple months ago, I'm not that happy with the composition but it was very early in the morning and we wanted to start climbing so I didn't have much time!

Taken with the excellent Samyang 14mm f/2.8, best star lens for Canon cameras IMHO. (haven't tried the 16-35 f/4.0 IS for stars yet, still too bright up here in Alaska!)

Attachments

Click

I post too Much on Here!!
Jul 29, 2012
Canada
LOALTD said:
From our camp on Mt Baker a couple months ago, I'm not that happy with the composition but it was very early in the morning and we wanted to start climbing so I didn't have much time!

Taken with the excellent Samyang 14mm f/2.8, best star lens for Canon cameras IMHO. (haven't tried the 16-35 f/4.0 IS for stars yet, still too bright up here in Alaska!)
Beautiful shot. 8) Nicely done.

P

PicaPica

exif data please.

i am starting with this star photography stuff and i would like to see the settings you guys use.
unfortunately many images come without the exif infos.

spandau

EOS T7i
Aug 6, 2014
Took this photo out of my bedroom window from a townhouse located in the middle of town illuminated by nearby streetlights.

Canon 70D, Canon 35MM f1.4L, 21 seconds at 1600 ISO.

Attachments

applecider

EOS 7D MK II
May 20, 2012
Portland Oregon, Cape Cod
Milky way view looking south over Nantucket Sound sept 17th isn.

Needless to say the skies were not truly dark. Shot with an sl1 and canon 35mm f2.0 IS shot at f2 and 6 seconds.

I wanted the look of dark sky with sharp pointy stars that others in this thread have achieved, so suggestions welcomed. Shown pp'ed two different ways. There was a bit of water effect fog over the ocean, making the terminator a little dark.

Attachments

Pakneh

I'm New Here
Oct 23, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Sagamok, Ontario
During a solar flare in September. Unawares at the time I thought the Aurora was light pollution from the nearby town of Massey. Composed from 86 photos over the span of 40 minutes, assembled in Lightroom and Photoshop.

Attachments