Stars above.

From our camp on Mt Baker a couple months ago, I'm not that happy with the composition but it was very early in the morning and we wanted to start climbing so I didn't have much time!

Taken with the excellent Samyang 14mm f/2.8, best star lens for Canon cameras IMHO. (haven't tried the 16-35 f/4.0 IS for stars yet, still too bright up here in Alaska!)

Attachments

• MtBaker.jpg
    MtBaker.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 329
Upvote 0
Jul 29, 2012
Canada
LOALTD said:
From our camp on Mt Baker a couple months ago, I'm not that happy with the composition but it was very early in the morning and we wanted to start climbing so I didn't have much time!

Taken with the excellent Samyang 14mm f/2.8, best star lens for Canon cameras IMHO. (haven't tried the 16-35 f/4.0 IS for stars yet, still too bright up here in Alaska!)

Beautiful shot. 8) Nicely done.

Upvote 0
Milky way view looking south over Nantucket Sound sept 17th isn.

Needless to say the skies were not truly dark. Shot with an sl1 and canon 35mm f2.0 IS shot at f2 and 6 seconds.

I wanted the look of dark sky with sharp pointy stars that others in this thread have achieved, so suggestions welcomed. Shown pp'ed two different ways. There was a bit of water effect fog over the ocean, making the terminator a little dark.

Attachments

• milky way over nantucket sound h.jpg
    milky way over nantucket sound h.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 271
  • milky way over nantucket sound g.jpg
    milky way over nantucket sound g.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 304
Upvote 0