Stars above.

This one was taken on a full moon night with a 6D and a 24-105 at 24mm F4 30sec.

4.jpg

Stars over Frey by Ezequiel Bengochea on 500px

Upvote 0

TheJock

Oct 10, 2013
Dubai
I’d love to hear your thoughts about this idea, I would like to try this and capture some of the Dubai cityscape in the foreground, but I obviously don’t want to blow the image out, so would an upside down ND grad be enough to kill some of the foreground light and help with capturing the sky and stars, I am aware that there will be light pollution but I’m liking this idea…………unless someone on here can elaborate as to why this won’t work!!

Upvote 0
May 31, 2011
TheJock said:
I’d love to hear your thoughts about this idea, I would like to try this and capture some of the Dubai cityscape in the foreground, but I obviously don’t want to blow the image out, so would an upside down ND grad be enough to kill some of the foreground light and help with capturing the sky and stars, I am aware that there will be light pollution but I’m liking this idea…………unless someone on here can elaborate as to why this won’t work!!

If that's the case... I'd consider multiple exposures and layers... but good luck.

Upvote 0
There's quite a lot of light pollution in Dubai, so if you're thinking of taking some pictures of the sky, it's better to go outside the city, which only takes around an hour or more. ;)

TheJock said:

Upvote 0
wearle said:
To all,

Here's my first and second attempt at star trails. In my first attempt, I made the mistake of too short of an exposure. It would generally be somewhat light polluted near Battle Mountain, but fog and low cloud had enveloped the lower terrain blocking out all the light pollution coming from the Columbia Basin. My exposures should have been two minutes, but they were only 20 seconds. :( On my second attempt, I raised my exposure to one minute since it was the longest I could go without blowing out the illuminated fog below over Pendleton, Oregon. I believe it's a better attempt than the first, but still room for improvement. A couple of vehicles went by and down Emigrant Hill during a couple of the exposures. I'm not quite sure if the illuminated foreground hurts or helps the image. What are your thoughts?

Thanks for looking,

Wade

These are very nice, especially the one with the cars. Which lens?

Upvote 0
emag said:
6D on a 2000mm f/10 telescope with 2xTC. Seas of Tranquility and Serenity, crater Plato and the nearby Alpine Valley, craters Archimedes and Eratosthenes, crater Copernicus at sunrise. ISO320, 1/25.

Larger view - macro extenders (total 65mm) added between 2xTC and camera body to increase the effective focal length. ISO640, 1/80.

Taken evening of 8 February, first decent night in two weeks.

Great job!

Upvote 0