Stock Notice: Canon EOS-1D X Mark III above list price

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
I don’t personally support adding cost to a hard-to-find product, but I guess that’s supply & demand.
Deals-All-Year (99.9% approval) is selling two Canon EOS-1D X Mark III bodies for $6999, which is $500 over MSRP in the USA.
Some people may not mind paying the extra $500.
This sale is for a grey market item, but you should still be covered by a Canon USA warranty.
This sale does not include the CFexpress card and reader.
Canon EOS-1D X Mark III $6999 (Reg $6499)

Continue reading...

unfocused

Photos/Photo Book Reviews: www.thecuriouseye.com
Jul 20, 2010
Springfield, IL
www.thecuriouseye.com
How do you figure? Since when does Canon do warranty work on unofficial imports?
As brad-man said, Canon has traditionally done warranty work on unofficial imports, but they could refuse to do so at any time, so I think it's a little bit strong to say, "you should still be covered by a Canon USA warranty." I'd say, you will probably be able to get warranty service on it. I prefer not to take the chance and don't buy grey market, which I've found doesn't generally offer that great of a deal anyway. I'm particularly offended that they've pulled out the CFexpress card and reader (which they will no doubt sell you for an additional charge.) Surprised they are including a battery.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Jan 29, 2011
Canada falls under Canon USA.
I think you will find they are a separate entity but a wholly owned subsidiary of Canon USA who in turn are a separate entity wholly owned by Canon Japan. Certainly the warranty cards I have received from Canon Canada have been different from ones I’ve gotten from Canon USA.

Upvote 0
Jul 28, 2015
I’ve had Canon USA do warranty work on lenses bought from Canada and Central America. Can’t speak to others experiences but they are mine.

As I understand it, the serial number on bodies means they can see which market the body was intended for, but for some reason the serial number on lenses does not give them the same information.
I can also imagine that bodies are far more likely to go wrong than lenses so maybe they are more lenient on lenses.

Upvote 0
Jan 29, 2011
As I understand it, the serial number on bodies means they can see which market the body was intended for, but for some reason the serial number on lenses does not give them the same information.
I can also imagine that bodies are far more likely to go wrong than lenses so maybe they are more lenient on lenses.
I'd be shocked if a company the size of Canon with the stock control Japanese industry is justifiably famous for couldn't push a button somewhere and get a readout of what region every single serial number of every product is credited to, it's not even like they are passing this stuff off to third parties in the first instance, Canon Japan or their wholly owned subsidiaries own almost all, if not all, the regional Canon importers.

But without insider knowledge it is all speculation, certainly these comments of Canon gear not being worked on by Canon USA are news to me who has previously used their services for non USA purchased warranty work.

Upvote 0

tron

CR Pro
Nov 8, 2011
CPS was going to have a large inventory of cameras at the Olympics, I wonder if that inventory was already on hand or was being built up over time. if the inventory had already been secured, Canon could release the inventory, fill existing orders and drive this type of marketing out quickly.
That refers to 1DxIII which could happen only after this:

Upvote 0