Stock Notice: Canon EOS-1D X Mark III at Adorama

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
Our exclusive affiliate partner Adorama has new stock of the still hard-to-find Canon EOS-1D X Mark III.
Key Features

New DIGIC X Image Processor with an ISO range of 100-102400; Expandable to 50-819200
High-Speed Continuous Shooting of up to 16 fps and up to 20 fps in Live View with AF/AE Tracking
4K 60p with Canon Log, 10-bit 4:2:2 and 5.5K RAW Video Internal Recording
Enhanced Operating Controls
Built-in Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and GPS Technology
IPTC Tags can be applied with a Compatible Mobile Device or PC Connection
Impressive Durability including Dust- and Weather- resistance

Canon EOS-1D X Mark III at Adorama

Continue reading...

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
So does every other Canon dealer, fishing for clicks? Maybe the R5 announcement and price will get some action on this site.

Both B&H and Adorama received stock in the last 24 hours, they have both been out of stock since the camera began shipping.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
Jan 29, 2011
And the higher megapixel thing is really not that important for a great many of us...I get great blow up pictures, some as big as 4'x8' and if the original shot is a keeper so will be the enlargement!
That depends entirely on viewing distance. I have not seen a critically sharp and detailed print from a 20mp ff camera larger than 24"x36" that is worth having and even that is pushing it with detailed contrasty subjects. Personally I'd kill for a 40mp 1 series with a lower frame rate in relation to data readout capacity.

I've seen lots of prints and crops that equate to bigger sizes, just never felt they were up to the task.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

sfericean

R3, R5, R6 x 2, & 1DXIII x 2
CR Pro
Sep 2, 2018
Bellflower, CA
www.youtube.com
Have any of you actually added it to your cart to see the final prices? Camera, extra battery, and cards (I know the camera comes with one (1) 64GB San Disk but say you wanted dual 512GB like I do) you're looking at $8,611.01 out the door in CA. YIKES!!!! I'm not complaining. I'm just trying to wrap my head around that number. LOL...(it hurts)

Upvote 0
Jan 29, 2011
Have any of you actually added it to your cart to see the final prices? Camera, extra battery, and cards (I know the camera comes with one (1) 64GB San Disk but say you wanted dual 512GB like I do) you're looking at $8,611.01 out the door in CA. YIKES!!!! I'm not complaining. I'm just trying to wrap my head around that number. LOL...(it hurts)
An RRS L-Plate and WFT, as I got for the MkII, add another $1,000, that is just the price of these things nowadays, I’ll do what I did when I got my MkII’s, wait six months until there is a dealer who wants to get rid of their stock for an unlistable price via CPW.

I can’t believe the number of people who are buying C500 MkII’s at $15,999 base, throw in the bits and pieces you need for that and the tax and you are perilously close to $20,000!

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

Jack Douglas

CR for the Humour
Apr 10, 2013
Alberta, Canada
In Canada, they seemed to sell to CPS members first. I'm not a pro, but I had created my CPS account on Canon Europe site (it is free and you don't need to own two pro body and such) so I could give my CPS member number to the shop.
Are there any meaningful benefits to what you've done with that membership, I mean living in Canada, what can you use it for. I probably would have joined CPS in Canada except they insist on a web page.

Jack

Upvote 0

Alex784

EOS R3
Jan 9, 2020
Canada
Are there any meaningful benefits to what you've done with that membership, I mean living in Canada, what can you use it for. I probably would have joined CPS in Canada except they insist on a web page.

Not yet, but I'm supposed to be able to do so:

From https://www.canon-europe.com/pro/canon-professional-services/#countries :

Can I enjoy benefits in other global regions if I am a member of CPS EMEA?
If you are a Canon EMEA member you may be able to take advantage of Canon priority services outside of Europe, Middle East, and Africa with a valid CPS membership card. However, benefits may differ to benefits offered in your home region.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Alex784

EOS R3
Jan 9, 2020
Canada

FYI, if you buy in Canada, the camera comes with one(1) 512 GB San Disk CF Express card, a reader and an extra battery.

Upvote 0