Stock Notice: Canon RF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM in stock at Adorama

Canon Rumors Guy

EOS 1D MK II
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
Adorama has stock of the brand new Canon RF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM.
Key Features:

Fixed Mirrorless FL: All Zooms
Mirrorless: Zoom: Focal Length: 70-200mm
Lens Format: Lens Format: Full-Frame
Maximum Aperture: Maximum Aperture: f/2.8
Lens Type: Telephoto Zoom Lens
Special Features: Weather Resistant
Image Stabilization: Image Stabilization: Yes (IS)

Canon RF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM at Adorama
Continue reading...

Nov 6, 2019
I switched from Nikon to Canon after decades because of THIS LENS. I love it because it works like a heavy 70mm portrait lens for family/kid shooting every day, unlike the horse's leg Nikon on an FTZ it replaced (image shows both ready to shoot at 70mm). There are 6 Nikon items outgoing in the mail today after my big Ebay sale!

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: JTP
Nov 6, 2019
I just received mine. It looks awesome. Although the zoom ring being moved further away from the camera is something to which it's going to take time to adjust. Now my trinity is complete.View attachment 187592
I'm new to Canon ergonomics (superior to Nikon but still a challenging transition) and find the zoom ring well placed as it becomes the midpoint when zoomed out and a good support is most needed. I removed my tripod foot ring and will probably will never use it.

rnl

EOS T7i
Jun 22, 2016
I tried one on my R yesterday and noticed that it had a "pumper" type zoom...I seem to recall that this type zoom in an EF 100-400L caused dust to be pumped into the sensor..any thoughts about this one?

Nov 6, 2019
I tried one on my R yesterday and noticed that it had a "pumper" type zoom...I seem to recall that this type zoom in an EF 100-400L caused dust to be pumped into the sensor..any thoughts about this one?
If this worry were justified eBay would be brimming with dust filled 100-400 lenses. It isn’t. Retracting lenses are the state of the art. Horse’s legs are obsolete. I’ll take useful at 70mm over clumsy any day. Camera bodies are obsolete after a few years anyway and sensors can be cleaned.

Reactions: JTP